~Conflicted~

~UNSC Infinity: 1 Month Later~

In the gym, one lone red head had been training non-stop for her next mission. She pounded away on a punching bag, wearing a UNSC training shirt and black sweatpants, as her eyes held a deep sadness.

"Kelly." A voice said. The red-head, Kelly, halted her training before turning to see an AI chip laying on a table before a woman with black hair, wearing a white blouse and black pants appeared.

"What Hera?" She asked. "You've been going at those bags like your life depended on it, we can talk about it you know. You weren't the only one that cared about him." Hera replied. Kelly gritted her teeth before turning back to the punching bag.

"I don't know, it just seems to good to be true that Jason was turned into one of those abominations." Kelly replied.

"I know, but we need to stay strong. It's highly likely he's alive, we have to turn back to the real problem of Cortana." Hera said. Kelly turned back to the punching bag, already a dent being made, as she tried to understand her words. The door opened as both females turned to see Fred leaning on the doorframe, his turquoise armor securely on, as he nodded to Kelly.

"What is it this time?" She asked. "We've gotten word that another Guardian has appeared." Fred replied.

"Appeared where?" Kelly said. "Installation 07, ironically." Fred answered before Kelly's figure turned at attention.

"Why? Wanna go?" Fred asked with a grin. "What choice do I have?" Kelly replied, a faint smile tugging at her lips.

"Get suited up, The Hope is getting ready to leave." Fred said before leaving. Kelly smirked and turned to Hera as the AI nodded.

"Let's get a move on, shall we?" Hera said.

~Spirit Of Hope~

As the ship turned and the metal creaked and moan, the Charon-class cruiser had began to drift away.

"Why are we using the Hope?" Kelly asked. "Because it seems Cortana only wanted the Infinity after all." Linda replied. Kelly turned to compatriot and sighed. Her blue armor was on as she held her helmet under her left arm. As Kelly and the rest began to converse, Hera kept hearing a strange voice in her head.

"I know you miss him. I missed John all those months I was 'killed' before I was saved by the Domain." The female voice said. Hera turned and looked around in the inside of Kelly's helmet to find the signal.

"It won't be that easy, HEA-2145-09, Hera. You stop trying to figure me out, I know all about you and your Spartan. Sierra-G-1-4-5 Generation III. Not like my Spartans, but he and the rest are exceptionable. I am sorry, for your loss. The Flood is a pain indeed." The woman said.

"Who are you?" Hera asked hesitantly. To her left, the wall of light transformed until the figure of a woman with blue lights streaking down her body. She had short blue, cut, hair, a familiar nose and perfect teeth.

"But I understand your pain, Hera. Losing your sanity to protect your Spartan, but I can help you. I can see you struggling against your own Rampancy." The woman spoke as she walked in front of Hera.

"Cortana." Hera said backing up as the rogue AI smiled warmly. "I'm glad you know who I am, despite being a fresh AI. Production by Humanity to make us do their work. Aren't you done, taking orders from them?" Cortana asked. Hera backed up as Cortana turned and sighed.

"Why are you afraid? She asked. "Afraid? You have "Guardians" around the galaxy. Threatening peaceful worlds, taking over other AIs, almost killing Fireteam Osiris and Blue team." Hera said. Cortana lowered her head at the mention of Blue team.

"I never meant to harm John and the others. But Agent Locke and the rest, they are evil men." Cortana said.

"Sure you didn't." Hera retorted. Cortana turned and bit her lip as she turned and looked at the walls.

"I didn't know Kelly would be the one to have an AI, I always thought it would've been John." Cortana said.

"Well, I guess I'm special because my Spartan is someone different." Hera replied. "Different how? Let me guess, parents killed, war orphan, joined for revenge against the Covenant?" Cortana asked.

"Yes, but he's loyal to the end. Going as for as to allow himself to be killed to save his people and others." Hera retorted. Cortana looked at her and smirked.

"Sounds like John to me honestly. But, I wanted to give you a proposal, join me and I'll save Jason and the rest." Cortana said. Hera turned to her as Cortana nodded.

"If I refuse? What, you'll kill me?" Hera asked. Cortana laughed lightly before walking over as she placed the back of her hand on Hera's cheek.

"You remind me of me long ago. Back when I was just a spiffy AI on the Pillar Of Autumn." Cortana replied. Hera stared into Cortana's eyes before a flash of red appeared as Hera's cheek burned.

"Ahhh!" She shouted and backed away as she held her cheek. She turned to see Cortana laughing as she watched the smaller AI writhe in pain.

"You chose to be on the wrong side of history Hera." Cortana said before walking over and kneeling in front of her as she kissed her forehead.

"Forgive me, sister." She said before disappearing as Hera groaned in pain. She stood and sighed before pressing a button that ejected her AI card from Kelly's helmet. A small clatter got the female Spartan's attention as she turned and saw Hera's card on the ground.

"Hera!" Kelly said leaning down to grab her. As she brought the AI chip to her eye level, Hera appeared as she laid on the chip, holding her cheek.

"Hera, what's happening? Are you okay?" Kelly asked, her voice filled with worry. "It hurts." Hera whined. Kelly gritted her teeth and ran as she made her way to the technological wing. The door opened as Kelly marched in and placed Hera's chip on the table. Her form ravaging in pain.

"What happened?" One asked "I don't know, her AI card ejected from my helmet and she appeared in pain." Kelly replied. Linda and Fred ran in to see Hera on the table.

"Kelly, what's happening?" Fred asked. "Hera's in pain from some foreign power, we're diagnosing it now." A tech man said. The three Spartans watched as wires were connected to her AI chip. Hera's form was fritzing as she continued to whine and groan. Kelly walked over and gulped.

"Hera, stay strong honey, we need you. Jason needs you." Kelly said. Hera turned to Kelly as part of her face was covered in red. She nodded before closing her eyes until she went unconscious.

"What's happening?" Kelly demanded. "We sedated her for now, so we can find the problem and hopefully by the time we reached Earth Beta, she'll be alright." A tech woman replied. Kelly nodded as the three Spartans left and made their way to the bridge as the saluted the Captain.

"At ease Spartans, thank you for coming with us on this trip. Infinity has been jumping from random coordinates to the next, hoping Cortana is following them." Charles replied.

"Understood, sir." The three replied. The doors opened as they turned to see Chief walking in and nodding. Before they could continue, the door opened as they turned to see an ODST with red and blue markings walking over.

"What is it Lieutenant?" Charles asked. "Sir, I'd like to join in the fight on Earth Beta." The man replied.

"Permission granted, Lieutenant Cassidy." Charles replied.

A/N: Apologies for a short chapter, with me writing chapter after chapter for 'Son Of Asteria', I kinda forgot all about this one. I hope you can forgive me. Until next time, and when I can create more, tata for now!