~Just Like Before~

~Jason~

As the small group of warriors made their way through downtown, Josh had caught up to Jason's long strides.

"So, like the new additions?" He asked the SPARTAN-III. "Like? I'm glad to see Theta back to full strength. But, I am happy to see you two again." Jason replied.

"That's his way of saying he missed you kids." Hera said through the speakers. "And we as well." Josh replied as they stopped near a crossroads. Jason held his hand up and ordered them to hide as he jogged behind a chunk of rubble and zoomed in on his faceplate. He scanned the area to see plenty of Covenant walking about the area as a few Jackals sat on top of a floating snipers nest. They held Carbines and Beam Rifles as they stood at the ready in case of some unexpected attack. Two Brutes on Ghosts zoomed around the area as they patrolled the area. He noticed around four Shade turrets and plasma turrets lining the tops of buildings as golden legs shown before a Phantom arrived and placed the final piece on top as Elites and Grunts quickly went to work welding it together.

"Oh damn." Josh said creeping close to Jason. "We've got at least thirty foot soldiers, four Shade turrets, a sniper's nest, Plasma turrets, and a fully built Covenant AA gun." Jason said in the comms. 76 poked his head up and gritted his teeth as the masked woman and Echo backed away slowly and left for a building to allow them to provide sniper support. Mitsugi and Riley crept close to a fallen chunk rubble next to the others as Mercy and 76 stuck close together. Jason looked up to see Echo raising her fist up and nodded as he turned and pulled out his Battle Rifle and aimed down the sights as the scope rested on one of the Brutes on the Ghosts. Riley did the same until Jason pulled the trigger as a three round burst of bullets exited the rifle as Riley's DMR barked off a few shots. The twin Ghosts zoomed until they crashed into each other and slammed into one Shade encampment. The sudden noise caused the rest of the aliens to look over to see Jason and Riley firing away as Mitsugi knelt down and fired her launcher as a rocket zoomed from the launcher and slammed into the sniper's nest. Echo and the masked woman began to fire at the stragglers as confusion and fear set down on the area. Riley fired his DMR, killing two Elites and a few grunts. 76 fired a volley of helix rockets that traveled upwards and slammed into a grunt arming a plasma turret as the turret fell in front of the two. He tossed Mercy his rifle and grabbed the turret as he placed it on a chunk of rock and fired, killing some grunts and a few Brutes until it clicked empty. He dropped the turret and grabbed the rifle before turning to see an Elite slip past as he drew an Energy Sword. 76 growled before firing his rifle at the monster as it's shields absorbed or deflected the bullet.

"That the best you got?" The Elite said before 76 fired a volley of rockets at the Elite as it slammed into it's chest plate, causing him to stagger and drop his sword. 76 dropped his rifle and lunged for the sword as he activated it and jabbed it through the Elite's chest, causing the Elite to gag as purple/blueish blood trickled down it's jaw.

"No, I'm just getting warmed up." 76 said with a smirk under his mask as he removed the blade and deactivated it. He placed the sword in his pocket and turned to see the rest of the Spartans clean up the rest of the survivors. Riley turned to 76 and nodded as the AA gun continued to fire.

"Fireteam Theta, this is Director Petras. The South Korean government's air force is being pummeled by that Anti Air gun. Take it out so they can roll on them." Petras said through the comms.

"Understood sir. Mitsugi, now." Riley said as the female Spartan ran off to the bottom of the gun before a few plasma rounds flew forward and slammed into her, damaging her shields as she fell to the ground.

"PRIVATE!" Riley shouted as he dashed forward until a fuel rod cannon shot forward. He dodged it as two Hunters walked out and a few Elites clambered behind. Riley ran over to the female Spartan and hefted her on his shoulders as he brought her back to friendly lines. He placed her down as Mercy walked over and removed her helmet as she looked at her face to see a few plasma burns that seemed to have etched into the helmet and stained her face.

"I'll take care of her, you just get the gun offline." She ordered looking at Jason. The Spartan nodded as he ushered 76, Riley, and Josh forward.

"76, get that weapon offline. The excess heat opens from the bottom, we'll keep the Covies busy." Jason ordered as the vigilante turned and took off towards the AA gun and grabbed Mitsugi's rocket launcher and grabbed another rocket case as he trudged forward before one Hunter stood in his way. The man stopped and fired one rocket as it traveled towards the Hunter before it made contact with it's metal armor before exploding, ripping it's head off as the body collapsed. He opened the chamber as the spent shell fell before replacing it with the new one and closed it. He turned as the white heated ball flashed as steam exhaled as 76 pulled the trigger, sending one rocket zooming into the core, damaging it, but not destroying it. It closed as 76 waited before one Elite strayed from the fight and charged him. He noticed it activate it's sword and charged him. He dropped the launcher as he reached into his pocket and pulled out the sword he had scavenged and activated it. The Elite snorted before charging faster, his sword poised to kill. 76 gritted his teeth as he charged forward and met the beast as the alien slashed downward, chopping off a little of his hair before 76 kicked the alien's leg, causing him to stumbled before 76 used his elbow to hit him in the face, breaking a few teeth. He grabbed the Elite's unarmed arm and flipped him before jabbing the sword into the monster's gut. Once the life left the beast's body, he deactivated the sword and placed it in his pocket as he ran back to the bottom of the gun and grabbed the launcher as he turned to the bottom and fired a rocket that smacked into the heated ball before explosions rocket the gun as it deactivated and fell. He turned to see one Hunter walking up to an unsuspecting Riley and fired the last rocket as it zoomed through the battlefield and jabbed into the back of the monster. The Hunter looked up as pain washed over it's body before it made a small sound as the rocket exploded, turning the alien into a pile of orange juice and worms. Jason cut down the last Elite before looking at 76 as the man nodded and placed the rocket on the ground. He stood up and walked over to Mercy as she stood up and helped the injured Spartan up.

"Is she alright?" Riley asked. "I'm good Sarge, just a flesh wound." She cracked before sighing.

"From the reports, the Covenant seemed to have pulled out from Korea. It seems as if they are amassing an assault near Russia." Petras said through the comms.

"Understood Director." Jason replied and turned to the rest as they leaned on rocks or sat down to catch their breath.

"Pharah, bring the ship around." Jason said through the comms. A few minutes later, a whir could be heard as a jet zoomed into view as the door opened. McCree and a woman in blue armor stepped out.

"Let's move." Pharah said as the two walked out to help the ones who couldn't move onto the ship as Josh, Riley, and Jason waited for everyone to board.

"I'll find him, if it's the last thing I do. I promise you that." Jason said looking at Josh. "We'll find him, he's not just my brother, but all of ours." Josh replied. Jason looked at him and nodded.

"We'll find him."

A/N: Oh man, this was a hoot to write. I hope you guys and gals enjoyed this as much as I did. I apologize for it being a short chapter. Until next time, tata for now!