~New Operative~

~Vadam~

The Elite's feet thumped around the base as he growled lightly in disgust. Here he was, a powerful warrior, reduced to a mere mercenary for hire. Sure he hated the Prophets, but he was hoping his time on this earth would have been exciting. Killing humans would be great, their race was a disgusting filth among the galaxy that need to be cleansed. He entered the command room as Doomfist and a few leaders sat in the circular room.

"Ah, Vadam, glad to you could join us. We were just discussing our recent project." One said as the rest nodded.

"Project?" Vadam asked. The door opened as a man in Talon armor entered. He turned to Vadam as the Elite snapped his mandibles and vaulted over the table before tackling him and activating his Energy Sword.

"Whoa, whoa, hold on!" The leader shouted. "I recognize that smell, UNSC." He growled as the man stared at the alien, a calm shadow cast between the two.

"Sir." The operative said with a nod. The Elite backed his head before sniffing the man and snapped his jaws.

"From a warrior, to a slave. I should have expected less." The Elite said before deactivating his sword and stepping up as he turned and hid in the shadows as he watched the scene unfold. The operative got up and stood at attention. Doomfist walked over to him and sized up the soldier.

"Not anything I'd expect. Seems like a regular grunt." Doomfist said as the leader nodded to the soldier. The operative wrapped one hand under Doomfist's arm and wrapped the other above his shoulder as he grabbed the leader and flipped him on his back before disarming him of his gauntlet. The operative leaned over the stunned man before clearing his throat.

"That's the problem between me and a regular grunt, sir. They, like you, use a weapon." He said pulling the man up and stared at him.

"I am a weapon." The soldier said before turning and left to stand behind the leader. Vadam snorted in approval.

"Are you going to allow this insubordination?" Akande asked. "You insulted him first. Anyways, Spartan, your mission is to find this 'Titan'." The Leader said as a picture projected over the table to show Jason standing over the Talon sniper.

"A Demon? Here?" Vadam demanded. 'So the monster is afraid of something after all.' Akande thought.

"'Demon'?" Doomfist asked. The Elite turned to the man and growled. "If you never felt the stare of a Spartan staring you down, then keep your mouth shut." Vadam snapped.

"But, may I ask, how do you know this 'Titan'?" The leader asked. "When the parasite assaulted us, the true Demon, the Arbiter and the Master Chief, as I soon learned to know him, allied all Human and Elites to assault the Citadel on the Ark to stop the Prophet of Truth. But I learned this after we escaped from the parasite." Vadam explained.

"So, in retrospect, you are afraid of these 'Spartans'. Am I correct?" Akande asked. "Afraid, and I respect them. But these new Spartans they created are nothing like this one and the Chief. This Spartan, from the look of him, is very lethal." Vadam said staring at the Spartan's faceplate. The new operative looked at the man as a switch flicked in his mind, harvesting old memories of a Spartan in black armor before green. He shook off this doubt before glancing at the leader.

"So, this 'UNSC' as you referred to the new operative, is responsible for creating and mass producing these 'SPARTANs'. Am I correct?" Akande asked.

"Indeed." The Elite said before leaning back on the wall. "Well, what do we do now John?" Akande asked.

"Now, we try to take him out." John replied.

~Jason~

Over the time he spent his week back at the Watchpoint, Reinhardt, Torbjorn, and a robotic friend named 'Bastion' had joined up.