~Remembrance~

~Flashback~

"What's going on?" A woman asked in fear. "Honey, we need to get to the shuttles, the Covenant are attacking. Grab Jason and only what you can carry." The man replied as he grabbed a backpack and began to fill it with cans of food and bottled water. In the back ground, plasma rounds and gunfire can be heard. Screams of men, women, and children were deafened by the mighty roars of Brutes, Elites, and others.

"Mom, Dad, what's going on?" A young boy asked as he wore pants, shoes, a plaid t-shirt, and backpack with necessities.

"We've got to leave our home sweetie, I promise our next one should be safe." The Mother said placing her hands on the boys face. Her tears fell as an explosion rocked their home.

"They're here." The Father said as the door began to rattle. He pushed the Mother and son to hide in the basement as he grabbed a butcher knife. The door busted open as two Elites entered and growled at the Father.

"Come on then you ugly bastards!" He shouted as one grabbed an Energy Sword and activated it. The Father stood his ground and glared at the Elite as it walked over to him and sized him up.

"You can die with honor." The Elite said. The Father charged forward before the Elite grabbed his arm and jabbed his sword into the Father's abdomen, killing him. The Mother and Jason hid in a closet as the Elites made their rounds through the house, looking for anymore. Jason could hear the alien language is it passed by their hiding spot. He turned to see his mother holding her mouth as tears streaked down her face, her breathing fast. Jason looked back to the door as the thumps of the Elite's foot ceased. Before he could move, two plasma swords entered the closet, barely grazing Jason's face before noticing what stopped them, his mother pushed him back as blood trickled down her mouth.

"Stay safe Jason, please." She begged before going limp. "Mom? Mom!" Jason said before the blades were removed and the door ripped open. Jason looked to see the Elite stare at him.

"Humans, disgusting creatures." It said before a shotgun was heard. The Elite turned to receive a shotgun shell to the face, killing it instantly. Thumping could be heard as a large blue titan emerged, it's helmet covered by glass. It turned to Jason as the boy stumbled backwards.

"You're okay now." The titan said with a feminine voice. She placed her shotgun on her back and nodded.

"Got a live one here Fred." She said as more thumping could be heard. A second blue titan came into view as it carried an assault rifle.

"Kelly." Fred said before she turned to him. "What? Leave him to die? No, we're taking him to the shuttles." She retorted.

"I wasn't going to argue, I was going to ask what our next move is now." Fred said. Kelly nodded and turned back to Jason.

"You got a name?" She asked. "Jason, Jason Yeager." He replied. "My name is Kelly, stay behind me." She ordered. Jason nodded as he stepped over his dead mother, tears continuing to fall.

"Chief, what's our exit like?" Kelly asked in the comms. "Whatever you're doing, do it quick. Enemy reinforcements are on their way." He replied.

"Be advised, we have a civilian with us, a child." She said. "Understood, I'll find us a Hog to carry us four." Chief replied. Kelly turned to Jason and nodded.

"Follow me." Kelly said. Jason nodded as he followed both armored titans back outside to see Banshees and Falcons flying through the air. Phantoms and Pelicans flying in with either troops or vehicles. He saw a Warthog drive and stop in front of them. A man in green armor with the numbers '117' on his chest motioned for them to enter.