~The Spartan~

~Jason~

"What do you mean you went and talked to Petras?" Winston demanded. Jason leaned in his chair as his feet were on the table, his helmet resting next to his feet. Over the last three months, Jason came back to the decommissioned Watchpoint to have Athena help Hera with her Rampancy, curing her sickness, one megabyte per second.

"So I can have his little attack dogs off my scent. I'm hoping he'll trust me." Jason said. "That doesn't mean anything, he could be trying to find you out. Hasn't he followed you by your jet?" Winston asked.

"That's the beauty of retro reactive panels. They think they are tailing me, but I just take off into a thick cloud and poof. No more jet." Jason replied. Winston sighed and turned to see Lena spinning in her chair.

"Wot? I'm bored okay. I thought more would join up." Lena said before the door opened.

"Now I hope I ain't too late darlin'." A rough, accented, cowboy voice sounded. Lena stopped her chair and turned to see Jesse McCree standing in the entrance as a cigar hung from his mouth.

"JESSE!" Lena shouted as she blinked from her chair and jumped all over the cowboy, causing him to drop his cigar.

"Oof! Hey Lena." McCree said patting her back. The cheery female looked up as a large grin took hold. The Brit blinked up and pulled the cowboy up as he grabbed his cigar and placed it back in his mouth. He grabbed his lighter and flicked it on as he light the cigar again.

"Sorry for the late pop up Winston. I hope I'm not the first one." He said sitting in the chair next to Jason. Jesse looked at him and nodded.

"Who're you?" He asked him. "That's 2nd Lieutenant Jason Yeager. The Spartan that helped us with Null Sector." Lena informed him.

"Well, it's good to fight by your side again sir." McCree said. Jason nodded as he stood up and placed his helmet back on his head. He walked over as Hera informed him to yank her. He grabbed the chip and placed it in his helmet and started to make his exit as he made his way to his jet.

"What's got the Lieutenant upset?" McCree asked. "I don't know if you remember, but during the Null Sector battle, one of Spartan Yeager's teammates died." Lena informed him.

"I see, which one?" McCree said. "ODST Aaron Cassidy." Winston replied. McCree's cigar dropped down slightly as he removed his hat and bowed his head.

'Jason, are you okay?' Hera asked. "I'm fine Hera." The Spartan replied. 'Jason, I miss him too alright, you don't have to hold on to that guilt as well. I should have been faster, at least then he would still be alive.' Hera countered.

"Don't Hera, you didn't know him like I did." Jason snapped. Jason's armor suddenly went on the fritz as he stood still, struggling to move. Hera appeared in front of him with an angry look as she crossed her arms.

"Oh, I didn't know him like you did. What do you call all the past missions me and Theta have been on, or did that cross your mind when you were playing the pity me shit?" Hera demanded.

"Or all the times I saved your ass from Covenant, Flood, or even Prometheans when we were assigned to Requiem? I cared for Aaron as much as you did, so don't you even dare say that." Hera growled as her form shimmered from blue to deadly red.

"Hera." Jason said before she shimmered back to blue, allowing Jason to move again. "I care about you just as Cortana cared for Chief, Jason. Don't ever say anything like that again, we're in this together." She said before disappearing, her smile etching into his mind.

"I understand." He replied before boots could be heard. He turned to see McCree tipping his hat up as he looked at him.

"Trouble in paradise I see?" He asked, a smile encroaching onto his mouth. 'You could say that.' Hera chimed in.

"Was it that bad?" Jason asked as he leaned on a wall and removed his helmet. "Almost as bad as seeing Lena and Emily fight. Compared to them, you look like two seals fighting over a grape." McCree said, earning a small laugh from the soldier.

"Look, I can't pretend to understand what you're going through but I can sympathize with ya. I lost someone before." Jesse said looking up to see the stars setting in.

"Man, I forgot you can get a great view of the stars here." He commented as he admired the night sky. Jason followed his gaze and continued to watch until one start shot past.

"Heh, when I was a kid, I would still believe in shootin' stars." Jesse said before standing up and putting out his cigar.

"Listen, if you need anything, I'm here for ya. You're not the only one to have the weight of the world on your shoulders." McCree said before patting his shoulder and walked over. His spurs clanging in the background before disappearing.

'He's right, we all are here for you because you allowed it to happen. Our fight with Null Sector, Doomfist, hell even the Covenant, has brought you here. Who knows, maybe you'll be this Earth's defender.' Hera said before silence over took them. Jason continued to look at the sky before sighing.

'Maybe one day soon, we'll meet again.' He thought before placing his helmet on and walking back to the base.

~Talon~

"It's been a year doctor, when will our patient be combat ready?" The leader of Talon asked, Doomfist sitting next to him as Vadam stood in the back, the shadows seemingly envelope him.

"S-soon sir, we're trying to get the reconditioning correct. But he keeps fighting it, someone or thing is blocking the transfer." The doctor replied. The leader twirled his hand as the Elite grabbed his sword and activated it, scaring the poor man.

"May I remind you that this Elite could kill us all. But since he's agreed to work with us, he'll kill only you if you keep coming back here with bad news. Find whatever is holding it back and destroy it. We're paying you for a soldier, not an empty shell." The man said before the sword disappeared. The doctor nodded furiously before turning and leaving.

"Why do you insist on using that 'Thing' when I could kill him instantly?" Doomfist asked. Vadam walked over and placed his hand on Doomist's shoulder.

"Watch your worlds carefully human, you do not want to make an enemy out of me." Helm growled.

"I'd like to see you try, alien bastard." Doomfist growled as he bat the hand away and stood to meet him, his knuckles cracking.

"Easy boys, we're friends here are we not?" The leader asked. The two warriors growled before going their separate ways.

"I don't know if I can handle this stress. I just hope Project SPARTAN goes off without a hitch." He said before glancing at the screen to see doctors rushing back and forth, caring for a half burnt, half scarred man wear armor similar to an ODST.

A/N: Sorry for such a short chapter, but I started the first part at around 12PM and finished he last at around 11AM. Anyways I hope you guys and gals enjoyed this, until next time, tata for now!

\