Chapter 1

JADES POV

It's the start of a new year, hopefully all my new classes are alright. I hate teaching annoying brats sometimes, they'res always one in every class. Unless you've got a class full of lovely students, which is really lucky but you can always hope.

7:30 am on a cold September morning in South Shields, why couldn't it have been warm? I put my new timetable on my desk and looked through my classes today. I started to organize my desk for today's lessons until the principle called though the speaker.

"Miss Thirlwall can I see you in my office for a second please?"

I got up and locked the door so that no one could get into my bag and steal stuff. I walked down the corridor to find one of my good friends and colleagues, Miss Nelson or as we know her, Jesy.

"Jade someone wants to see you" she winked and I flipped her off.

"Screw you Nelson" she smirked. I kind of had a little thing for her when I started working at the school. I walked up to her office, straightened out my skirt and knocked.

"Come in" I opened the door and closed it behind me.

"You wanted to see-" I was cut off by a blonde beauty sitting in front of the desk. She turned her head, her eyes met mine and she smiled. "Me, hi" I smiled back at her.

"Please take a seat" the principle, Miss Jackson gestured to the chair next to the woman. I sat down and waited for her to carry on.

"Miss Thirlwall this is Miss Edwards, she's our new teacher. I need you to show her around the school. As you know I'd normally do it but well I have so much to sort out and I thought out of all the other teachers, you two would probably get on the best. Her classroom is 13B, so she's just down the hall from you" I nodded. She handed Miss Edwards her timetable "this is your timetable and if you need anything, you know where my office is and Miss Thirlwall will show you where everything else is" she smiled. "Have a good first day"

"Thanks" Miss Edwards smiled. We both stood up and left the room.

"So Miss Edwards -" I was cut off by her hand on my shoulder.

"Please call me Perrie, I hate being formal with colleagues. Unless we're near the principle or in class, my names Perrie" she smiled at me and took her hand off my shoulder. We carried on walking down the corridors.

"Well Perrie, I'm Jade it's nice to meet you" I smiled and shook her hand.

"You too. Now what were you saying?" She asked.

"Oh I was just going to ask how long you've been teaching for"

"A year, what about you?"

"Me too. I started this time last year" I smiled.

"I worked in a school in Newcastle centre last year and I hated it. I chose the complete wrong school everybody was so rough there. I felt so intimidated." She shook her head.

"Well you don't have to worry about that here. There's nearly always one kid in the class that tries to act cocky and make you crack, but what I've learnt is stand your ground and sometimes come up with a sarcastic remark" I smiled.

"Thanks for the tip, I'll keep that in mind" she chuckled "anyways what subject do you teach?"

"Maths, what about yourself?" I think she may teach like history or English.

"I wouldn't have thought you'd teach maths!" She said shocked. "And English" I was right.

"What did you think I'd teach like?" I asked curiously.