Chapter 5

JADES POV

I dropped Perrie at her apartment telling her that we'll meet her in the taxi at 8. I drove home thinking about what I should wear. I pulled into my little driveway, getting out my mini locking it behind me.

"Hey!" Someone shouted from across the street. I turned to see the couple that live in the house opposite- wait, that's Perrie's brother and friend.

"Hello" I smiled walking across the street to greet them. I don't know their names, they only moved in like two months ago but I was on holiday at the time so never been formally introduced. Sure we say hi whenever we pass each other, it's common courtesy.

"I believe we've never been formally introduced. I'm Katherine" the blonde girl smiled and put her hand out for me to shake. I shook her hand and smiled.

"I'm Jonnie" I shook his hand too.

"I'm Jade. Your Perrie's brother and best friend right?" I asked.

"Yeah how did you know?" She smiled confused.

"Oh I'm a teacher at the same school as her" they both exchanged a smile as if to say 'that's who she is'

"So what do you teach?" He asked.

"Maths" I smiled.

"I guess that your good at it then" Katherine smiled and I nodded.

"You want to come in for a cuppa?" Jonnie asked.

"Definitely some other time, I have to go get ready" I sighed.

"Oh you off anywhere nice?" She asked.

"Girls night out, two other teachers and Perrie actually" I smiled. Their jaws dropped in shock. "What?"

"Perrie is going out. Like, to a bar?" He raised his eyebrow.

"We know she doesn't drink, we still want her to come she's fun and will help Jesy look after me and Leigh" I laughed at the last part.

"Look after? Like stop you from getting lost or hurt?" Katherine asked confused.

"Like we can drink a lot, we only go out every so often and well me and Leigh are apparently party animals"

"Oh god at least Perrie has back up" we laughed at her.

"Do me a favor, look after her. She never goes out with friends, she comes here because well were like her only friends" Jonnie sighed.

"I will don't worry" I smiled and they nodded.

"If you need any milk or shit like that, you know where the door bell is" Katherine laughed.

"Same goes" I pointed to my door "anyways, I best be going" I smiled.

"Nice to meet you Jade, we'll see you soon!" Jonnie waved as I walked back over the road.

"I'll keep you too that cuppa mind" I waved my hand behind me at them. I unlocked the door and quickly ran upstairs to get in the shower. I stripped my clothes off and hopped in the steaming water.

I washed my hair and body and climbed out, my body instantly being hit by the cold air. I wrapped a towel around my body and walked into my room to dry my hair. Once it was dry I had put loose curls in it and sat at my vanity to do my make up. I kept it simple with a little bronzer through the crease in my eye for added depth, a black eyeliner flick with a red lip. I went over to my closet, finding the perfect dress. Red skin tight with black lace that stops about mid thigh. I paired it with black wedges. I decided to text Perrie as the taxi was picking me up at 7:55 to meet at hers for 8 and it was 7:50 so I sat on the sofa sorting my clutch out.