15

Amelia wasn't quite sure what to do next. Tom had agreed to the separation. Eleanor had come clean about being the stalker and had told Amelia she could have Louis. She should be jumping for joy. So why do I feel so miserable, she wondered. Maybe because she had effectively broken two hearts so that she could mend her own. She never imagined it would feel this awful.

"Mate, you should just call her." Liam said. "You know she's home alone."

"I know, but what if she doesn't want to talk to me. What if she went home after the wedding and realized that she made a mistake? Maybe she was drunk when she kissed me." Louis said.

"She kissed you? At Niall's wedding?" Liam asked.

"Yeah. We were in her car talking and she kissed me."

"Alright. That settles it. Call her! Right now!" Liam insisted.

"Fine!" Louis said pulling out his phone and dialing Amelia's number. "It's ringing."

"Duh?"

"Fuck off." Louis said walking into another room.

"Hello?"

"Hi Amelia. It's Louis, um, I was wondering if you were doing anything right now." He said nervously.

"Well, I was getting ready to make some dinner and watch a movie. Wanna come over? I need to talk to you anyway." She said almost giddy.

"Um yeah. Ok. I'm just leaving Liam's. Do you need me to pick anything up on the way?" he asked.

"Nope. I've got plenty of cheesy mac for both of us." She giggled. She was so happy he had called.

"Alright love, see you soon." He said before hanging up.

"I told you!" Liam said almost bouncing off the couch. "Go go go!"

"Oh shit. Did I really just invite Louis over here?" Amelia said to no one at all. "I've lost my mind."

She checked on her dinner and caught a glimpse of herself in the reflection of the stove. Baggy sweatpants, a white t-shirt she wasn't sure where it had come from and her hair in a messy bun. I look like a beauty queen, she chuckled to herself. She didn't bother changing because then she knew for sure her dinner would burn and she knew Liam didn't live very far away from her. Louis could walk from there. The knock startled her out of her thoughts.

She opened the door to Louis standing there soaking wet. She hadn't even noticed that it had started raining.

"Um. Can I come in? It's a bit wet out here." He laughed.

"Oh um yeah. Sorry. Let me get you a towel." She said rushing off towards the bathroom.

"Thanks love" Louis said as he looked around the living room. He slipped off his wet shoes and walked over to the kitchen. "Uh Amelia. I think your cheesy mac has burnt."

"Dammit. So much for that for dinner." She said annoyed with herself.

"it's alright. We can order something. My treat." He grinned at her as he took the towel from her.

"No it's alright. I can pay for my own dinner."

"Meli. I want to buy you dinner. Please?" he said as sweet as he could.

"Fine, but I get to pick."

"Alright by me. Hey! Is that my t-shirt?" he asked.

"What? I don't know." She said looking down at the shirt.