36

"What? What do you mean you can't marry me?" Louis stammered as his family silently left the room.

"Not at this moment. I'm sorry. I don't want you to propose only because I'm pregnant." She said trying to make him understand.

"Do you honestly believe I would ask you to marry me only because you're pregnant?" Louis said. "I love you dammit. I've wanted to marry you forever. I knew you were the one from the beginning."

"Louis I love you. More than anything, but I can't marry you. I want to. I really do, but it's not the right time." She said, tears falling.

"I'm not asking you to marry me today. I want us to be together forever." He said.

"Why do we have to get married to spend the rest of our lives together? There are a lot of couples out there that have never married, have children and have solid relationships."

"Will you at least think about it? You don't have to wear the ring, but at least give it some thought." He said taking her hands in his. "Please"

"Ok. I will think about it. I didn't mean to upset you. I hope your family doesn't hate me now."

"They don't hate you. I'm sure they are all right around the corner listening to all of this and they will understand. Right girls?" Louis shouted.

The four oldest girls and Dan walked back into the room.  Lottie hugged Amelia tightly.

"We get it. Tommy and I have been together for ages and we haven't gotten married. I think Louis was just trying to do what he thought was the right thing given the situation." She said.

"When did you get so smart?" Louis asked her. "My little sister."

"I've always been smart, you just never noticed." Lottie laughed.

"I really am sorry you all had to experience that. I do love Louis. He means everything to me. I want to be a part of your family, if you'll let me." Amelia said.

"You already are." Fizzy said.

"Thanks. It means a lot to me." She replied.

"Alright that's enough for this love fest." Louis said. "Don't you girls have some other things to do?"

"Yeah ok. Come on Lots. We need to get stuff ready for later." Daisy said.

The girls left the room, leaving Louis and Amelia with Dan. He sighed heavily and just shook his head.

"I wish I had some advice for you both.  There are no rules that say you have to be married to have a child together or to have a happy stable relationship.  People have children all the time and don't marry. It's just different because you're in the public eye. You have people who look up to you, but I think they will understand. Live your life. Love each other and your child. You never know when it can be taken from you." Dan said and walked out of the room.

"he's right you know." Amelia said.

"I know. Please just promise you'll give it some thought."

"I promise. Can we just move on from all this. I love you. You are my everything." Amelia said. "why don't we go curl up and watch a movie. I saw 'White Christmas' is on Netflix."

"Ok love.  That sounds like a good idea."

Niall sat on the floor putting together the little basketball net they had bought Ewan for Christmas.   Marian was in the kitchen with Maura as she made their Christmas dinner.  Bobby was playing blocks with Ewan. They were all having a wonderful day together.