37

The picture of Liam outside the hospital was all over the internet. It turned out the man on the bench worked for TMZ and had posted the picture and story. Thankfully, Liam had never mentioned Ally's name so at least her identity was still a secret, but he still wanted to have her moved to a different hospital.

"Liam. I am not going anywhere. No one knows who I am." Ally argued.

"I know, but it will make me feel better." he said.

"I'm getting released in a couple of days. It will be fine."

"Are you sure? I can pull some strings." Liam told her.

"Babe. I promise. I will be ok. What's the worst that can happen? Someone takes my picture." she said. "Looking like this? Big deal."

"Liam, calm down. Ally is right. There's no sense in moving her when she's going to be released soon anyways. Come on now." Joan assured him.

Liam admitted defeat and left the room to make a phone call. He promised the boys he would keep in touch with them and he hadn't told them that Ally had woken up yet.

"Liam! You looked like shit mate in those pictures." Louis said when he answered.

"Hello to you too Tommo. Yeah, that pap caught me off guard. He seemed like a normal guy."

"That's how they get you. How's Ally?" Louis asked.

"Good. She's awake. They are talking about releasing her in a couple of days. I was thinking of asking her doctor if she'd be able to travel soon. I'd like to bring her home with me." Liam said.

"I don't think that's a good idea mate. She's just woken up from a coma. I'm sure she's got some other injuries. Don't you think having her travel all the way to the UK will hinder her recovery?" Louis said.

"You have a point, but I just want her near me. I mean, talking to her on the phone and stuff was great but actually being here with her, in person, has made me realize how much I really like her."

"That's great but think of her health. Give her some time to recover and then she can come over. You need to get back here next week and that's not enough time for her to heal." Louis reminded him.

"I know. Don't remind me. I guess you're right, but I still want to talk to her doctors to see when the earliest she could come would be." Liam said.

"Alright. Listen I gotta go. I'll let the others know she's doing well. See ya next week mate." Louis said before hanging up.

Amelia walked into the room as Louis was hanging up with Liam. They had just returned from Doncaster and had decided on a quiet night in. Niall and Marian had stopped in on their way to the airport with Ewan to drop off their gifts. Amelia was happy they were going on a little family get away before promo and tour started back up. They needed it, she thought.

"Was that Liam? How's he doing?" she asked, handing him a cup of tea.

"Well, he said Ally woke up. I still can't believe he kept this girl a secret from all of us. Why would he do that?" Louis asked. "We're his brothers."

"That's exactly why he didn't tell you. Would you want to tell you, Harry and Niall that you had fallen in love with a girl you met online? I know I wouldn't." she laughed.

"That's probably true. Anyway, he wants to bring her to the UK. I talked him out of it for now. Told him he needs to think of her recovery first." Louis said.

"Look at you being thoughtful and responsible." she giggled. "I just hope he listens."

"Me too. He seems quite smitten with this girl."