16

Amelia squinted her eyes at the sunlight streaming into her bedroom. Her stomach grumbled and she felt Louis' heaviness on her. They had cuddled in her bed and talked long into the night. They had obviously fallen asleep before either of them had thought to eat dinner. As much as they both wanted to be intimate, they agreed to take it slow and really learn about each other outside of the bedroom. She had learned so much about him last night that she hadn't known. She nudged him and he groaned.

"Stop I was sleeping." He mumbled.

"Ok but you need to let me go so I can get up. I'm starving. I'll make us breakfast." She said trying to scoot out from under him.

"No don't go." He said holding her tighter and nuzzling into her.

"Louis Tomlinson, if you don't let me go, I'm gonna start eating your fingers. One by one." She laughed.

"Oh. That sounds naughty." He says kissing her neck. "If I let you make breakfast; can we spend the rest of the day in bed?"

"Yes. We can watch the movie we didn't watch yesterday and just hang out." She said crawling out of bed. "Do you want bacon and eggs or pancakes?"

"Yes. Both? Please?" he said looking at her with puppy dog eyes. "I'm suddenly starving too."

Amelia looked at him and couldn't help herself. She crawled right back into bed and kissed him deeply. He wrapped himself around her and flipped her over and pinned her to the bed.

"Amelia Blue. You've made me the happiest man in less than 24 hours." He said and kissed her until they were both breathless.

"I love you Louis." She said getting out of bed again.

She made her way to the kitchen and noticed she had a missed call and voicemail from Tom. She listened to the message as she got the ingredients out to make breakfast. She stopped in her tracks as she heard his message. She played it again, unsure she heard him correctly the first time.

"Amelia, it's Tom. I talked to my lawyer this morning. Our separation looks like it's going to be easier than we thought. Turns out our marriage isn't valid. Looks like we didn't fill out some paperwork we were supposed to and so it voided our marriage. So you're a free woman, Amelia."

Amelia set her phone on the counter and put her hands on the edge to steady herself. She wasn't sure how to react to this news. She was thrilled, sad, confused. She couldn't believe their marriage wasn't real. She had filled out all the paperwork herself. Tom had delivered it to his lawyer. So who dropped the ball? Had she unknowingly omitted something? Anything is possible, she thought.

"LOUIS!" she yelled.

Louis came running into the kitchen to find Amelia staring at her phone with tears streaming down her face. He was a bit confused because she had a smile on her face.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" he said slightly out of breath.

"I'm fantastic. I need you to listen to this." She said pressing play on the message from Tom.

As he listened, a slow grin grew on his face and his eyes lit up. He looked at her and she was smiling so big he thought her face was going to break. He walked over to her and wiped the tears from her cheeks. She threw her arms around him and kissed him.

"Is he serious? It's not a prank?" Louis asked.

"I'm pretty sure he's serious." She replied.

"Why don't you go call him back and I'll make breakfast. We need to be sure he's not messing with you."