Epilogue

For SnowTardis

************

"Amelia. Why are we going to this thing again? You know I hate PTA meetings." Marian said pulling her hair into a ponytail.

"Because we need to support our children's school. Plus we don't want those stupid moms to keep saying we're snobs just because we're from the UK." Amelia said.

"Oh and here I thought they didn't like us because you told them to fuck off last time they asked you to join. Why the change of heart."

"Emery told me that her best friend's mum is the President and has been talking shit about us. I want to prove them wrong." Amelia said.

A short time later, they walked into the school cafeteria and took a seat near the back. Both smirked as they could hear the other moms whispering about them. All these women knew is that they were British and that Amelia was married to a boy band member. None of them had made an attempt to get to know them and yet her and Marian were the snobs.

"Excuse me. Is this seat taken?" A well-dressed man asked before taking the seat next to Marian.

"Apparently it is now." Marian stated.

"Your husband isn't sitting here, is he?" The man asked.

"No. I mean I'm not married. Divorced." Marian said suddenly aware the man was smiling at her.

"Ah. Me too. I'm Steven." He said.

"Marian. And this is Amelia. Very much married." Marian replied.

"Pleasure to meet you both." Steven said, shaking her hand. "I don't usually come to these things but my daughter said she'd get extra credit if I did."

At the front of the room a short blonde woman stood up and greeted everyone.

"Hello. For those that are new,I'm Liz Demarco. Im your pta president. It's nice to see some new faces." The woman said.

"Do you think she knows the teachers offered extra credit if we came!" Steven whispered to Marian causing her to laugh.

"Excuse me. I am trying to run a meeting here. Did you have a question?" Liz asked.

"No. I was just commenting on how fabulous your shoes are!" Steven joked.

"Well um thank you." Liz blushed.

"All the moms think I'm gay because I dress nice and won't date them." Steven whispered again. "But I'm straight as can be."

"Is that so?" Marian said.

"I'll prove it. Have a drink with me after this snooze fest."

"Are you asking me on a date?"

"Sure. We can make it a date if you have dinner with me too."

Marian stared at him in disbelief before agreeing to go out with him.

After the meeting, Marian told Steven she had to go home and change before meeting him.  He agreed and told her he would pick her on in an hour. He gave her his phone number so she could text him her address.

"Marian! You have a date!!" Amelia said excited.

"I know. And I have nothing to wear! Can I come raid your closet? I'll have Steven pick me up at your house." Marian said.

"Sure. My closet is your closet. You should wear that grey suede skirt I just got. Show off those great legs." Amelia suggested.

"I can't believe I agreed to a date. He's pretty cute right?"