03 | seating plan

me:
i don't wanna come in

me:
shit mark i wanna go home

asshole:
NO U HAVE TO COME IN

CHANGE CONTACT NAME TO 'mork' [?]

me:
i'm on the bus dw

me:
but i'm scared

mork:
nothing is gunna happen chill

me:
HE SITS BEHIND ME IN CHEMISTRY

mork:
wait we're talking abt im jaebum again rite?

me:
WHO ELSE TEXTED ME WANTING TO FUCK YESTERDAY

me:
which is ur fault btw :(

mork:
srry bff

me:
u ain't my bff for long m8

mork:
just ignore him

me:
MARK ISTG UR ADVICE IS THE WORST

me:
HOW CAN I IGNORE HIM IF HE TALKS TO ME ASFHDASJHFD

mork:
idk but srsly jinyoung legit nothing has happened

me:
i'm still nervous

mork:
just get to school already

me:
TRY TAKING THE BUS

me:
aw and it stopped aGAIN

me:
FUCK I FORGOT HE GETS THE SAME BUS AS ME

me:
MARK HE JUST GOT ON THE BUS

me:
I REPEAT HE JUST GOT ON THE BUS

me:
MY HEAD IS NOW INSIDE MY BOOKS

me:
MARK WHERE TF ARE U GET BACK HERE U FUCKER

me:
i hate u

***

jinyoung barely made it through chemistry that morning. sitting one row in front of the infamous im jaebum was stressful enough, but mark still wasn't replying to his texts. jinyoung couldn't help but wonder if something had happened to him. mark was always on his phone. 

it felt like jaebum was breathing down his neck the whole class. not only that, but for the full hour jinyoung could feel jaebum's foot kicking at the leg of his chair. it was an... uncomfortable feeling, of sorts, and jaebum was over several feet away. jinyoung sure was glad they weren't desk partners. 

except they were. in literature. fuck.

"we'll be having a new seating plan today," their teacher announced. 

jinyoung wanted to kill himself. 

"park jinyoung, next to im jaebum please."

jinyoung's heart nearly leapt out of his throat at that sentence. he dragged his feet over to where jaebum was already sitting, not daring to meet his eyes. mark was right - nothing had happened between them. but the way jaebum had treated him over text yesterday made him want to disappear into a pit of darkness and never return. 

guys like im jaebum didn't flirt with guys like park jinyoung. 

i'm a different park jinyoung, jinyoung told himself on repeat as he crossed the room to sit by jaebum. there were plenty of park jinyoungs around, right? but as he reached the desk, he made the mistake of meeting jaebum's gaze. jinyoung's entire face instantly felt like it would burn right off. something about the guy made him very, very nervous. and jinyoung hated it.

"so you're my hard-to-get baby boy--" jaebum murmured as jinyoung took his seat. 

"i don't have a daddy kink, thanks," jinyoung spat, "so you can fuck off and leave me alone."

jaebum just laughed at that. "i'm just joking around," he said in a low tone. "fancy unblocking me, babe?"

refusing to even speak to him, jinyoung got out a black marker and wrote in the middle of the desk: 

NO