45 | new year's eve

"jinyoung! do you need a lift to mark's?"

jinyoung was busy rifling through his drawers in search of something half decent and preferably clean to wear.

"jinyoung! there's someone on the phone for you!"

jinyoung tripped over his own feet and landed in a heap of discarded clothes. "what?!" he called.

"come and answer it please! and tell your friend not to call by landline again, because it's really expensive!"

frowning, jinyoung stumbled down the stairs and took the phone from his mom. "...hello?"

"jinyoungie!"

jinyoung nearly spat out a few curses in surprise and he held the phone close to his ear. "jaebum? why-?"

"i lost my phone, remember?" said jaebum on the other end of the line. "i just wanted to call to ask what time you want me to drop by."

jinyoung slid down against the hot radiator, stretching out the curly wire of the landline. a smile spread across his face. "uh... i don't know," he said in a hushed tone, "six maybe?"

"six it is then," jaebum agreed. "w-"

"JINYOUNG, YOU ARE BURNING MONEY. TELL HIM TO HANG UP."

jinyoung rolled his eyes, cradling the phone to his face. "i should go get ready," he said down the line, "but i'll see you at six?"

"sure, baby." jinyoung could practically hear the smirk in jaebum's voice. "seriously, though, i am excited to see you."

jinyoung fought off a warm blush. "me too," he whispered. then he cleared his throat. "but, i mean, i should go-"

jinyoung quickly put down the phone before jaebum could say anything else that would make him blush.

"uh, you don't have to give me a lift, mom," said jinyoung, poking his head around the door to the next room, "jaebum's picking me up."

mrs. park met his eyes and smiled slyly. "i see," she said.

jinyoung stared at her. "what?"

"nothing, nothing," said mrs. park. "you're sleeping over mark's, right? i'll see you tomorrow then. have fun, dear."

jinyoung gaped, but eventually went to get ready. he had managed to find something to wear by the time jaebum rang the doorbell.

"happy new year, jinyoungie," said jaebum as jinyoung greeted him and they headed towards the car together.

"you can't say that until midnight, asshat," said jinyoung, hitting jaebum's chest lightly. he suddenly wrapped his arms around jaebum and buried his face in his jacket, breathing in the musky scent.

"you missed me?" jaebum asked with a smile. "it's only been a few days."

"you could've stayed with us after christmas, though," jinyoung whined.

"nah, your mom's cooking was too good - i was getting fat," jaebum joked. "plus, i had to study."

jinyoung slid into the passenger seat and belted up. "we could've studied together," he mumbled.

jaebum laughed as he started the engine. "how would i have concentrated then, jinyoungie?"

"ha, ha," jinyoung monotoned, throwing him a look.

"what?" jaebum asked innocently. "you're a distraction."

"i hope you did study, then," said jinyoung seriously as the car sped away towards mark's place.