19 | all trick; no treat

jinyoung was crying. and jinyoung never cried. he could usually deal with mark and the times he'd blow up in his face.

but this time was different.

the way mark had yelled at him... it was like he didn't even want to know him anymore.

"fuck..." jinyoung said through a deep exhale, rubbing the tears from his eyes. the tears had dragged the silver glitter down over his cheeks, where it stayed stuck.

"hey."

jinyoung looked up from where he sat, outside on the concrete steps. "oh... hey." he sniffled as jaebum came and sat beside him.

"what did you come as? a bloody angel?" jaebum teased, tempting a little smile to return to jinyoung's lips.

"angel of death," jinyoung corrected through a long sigh, "...and it's the punch."

a frown flickered across jaebum's face and he leaned a little closer. "you okay? what happened?"

jinyoung sniffed again and rubbed at his eyes. "it- it's nothing. just my friend being a total asshat. like, what reason does he even have to be mad? fucking annoying."

"he threw punch at you?" jaebum said through a choked laugh.

"shut up, it's not funny," jinyoung grumbled, burying his face in his hands.

"hey, just because he's being a dick, doesn't mean you shouldn't have fun," jaebum advised.

"if by 'have fun' you mean get drunk, thanks but no thanks," jinyoung told him. "i've got enough shit going on as it is."

"one friend's being shitty. big deal?" jaebum scoffed. "it's halloween, come on. don't let him ruin it for you."

"i'd go home," jinyoung sighed wistfully, "but i've gotta make sure another friend doesn't have a breakdown."

"so come inside?" jaebum suggested, throwing him a smile in appeal, "eat, dance... drink a little?"

"lost my appetite," jinyoung answered miserably, "and i look like total shit now."

"don't be fucking stupid," said jaebum abruptly. "punch and a few tears can't make you ugly."

"i wasn't crying," jinyoung blurted in protest.

"course you weren't."

"i'm not going inside," jinyoung refused, though his reasoning seemed silly.

the real reason was that he would rather do anything than have another confrontation with mark right now.

jinyoung suddenly shivered, the cool air and the punch making him cold.

jaebum just smiled. "if you're that worried, we can switch costumes if you want."

and that's when jinyoung noticed jaebum's costume for the first time. he wore a plain red hoodie with a pair of devil horns, and though the costume was simple, it sure as hell looked good.

"it's fine," jinyoung insisted.

"no, i'm serious," jaebum argued, pulling off the red sweater in one swift motion. underneath, he wore a basic white tee.

not to say jinyoung was staring at jaebum's arms, but he was totally staring at jaebum's arms. and chest. for no reason. obviously.

"put it on," jaebum ordered, pushing the hoodie into jinyoung's hands.