35 | confession;

the day before, sunday, the hospital

"oh."

bambam blinked. "oh? oh?! i just told you your boyfriend's been cheating on you, and all you can say is 'oh'?!"

yugyeom gave a sheepish chuckle, before his expression became distant again. "honestly, bam... it hasn't been working out for a while..."

bambam clung onto his hand and a pout came onto his face.

"i guess i've kinda known..." yugyeom gave a heavy sigh, "...we just weren't right for each other. it's been a long time coming."

bambam crawled up the hospital bed and curled up next to yugyeom. "i'm glad i've told you, though, yugie. it's been killing me."

yugyeom turned to face him, and they were nose to nose. "is that why you've been avoiding me? bammie, you should've just told me."

"i know, i just... didn't want to see you upset..."

"i was already kinda miserable, bam. it happens when you're dating someone and neither of you really wanna be there."

"i still can't believe he cheated though."

"i can."

"yeah... but why would anyone cheat on you?"

____________________

monday morning again, bambam

bambam walked through the school corridors, half wanting to bump into that scum jungkook and beat him up - though it was a fight bambam knew he was destined to lose.

all day in class he daydreamed, thinking about yugyeom stuck in that hospital ward with nothing but copies of death note to read.

he stared out at the football pitch one lesson that day, feeling rather sad that yugyeom wouldn't be able to play with that broken arm of his.

bambam sighed. yugyeom didn't deserve any of this shit. what kind of person gets cheated on and then hit by a car? bullshit, bambam thought, utter bullshit.

but... a certain part of him felt guilty. maybe if he hadn't stayed away from yugyeom, none of this would've happened. yugyeom could've been a little happier, and wouldn't have gone to jungkook's that night. maybe then, the accident would never have happened.

bambam felt a little hopeless at that thought.

even minhyuk and minhyuk couldn't cheer him up, and he insisted that they got lunch without him.

at lunch, bambam shut his locker and headed down the corridor, in the direction of outside and the beautiful sunny early december weather.

but then he bumped into someone. and it wasn't the someone he wanted to pick a fight with either.

"oh, sorry," said a smooth, quiet voice. "are you okay?"

bambam picked himself up and stared at the pair in front of him. he could hardly believe his eyes. here, right in front of him, was the one major factor in breaking yugyeom's heart.

go on, hit him.

bambam's brain was going wild. he clenched his jaw, feeling his hands tighten into fists.