08 | in the library

"hey."

jinyoung glanced up from his literature textbook to see none other than im jaebum, with his stupid silver earrings and stupid leather jacket, and that stupid, stupid smirk. jinyoung might've been the sort to humour him... but not after what he did to youngjae.

"okay, whatever you're thinking--" jinyoung began. 

jaebum suddenly leaned down towards him, his face so close their noses almost touched. "finally changed your mind?" he asked softly. 

huffing a sigh of frustration, jinyoung pushed him away and stood up. "i'm not doing this because i want to," he told him firmly. "miss kim asked me to tutor you in lit, so that's what i'm doing."

jaebum straightened up and stared at him for a moment, his eyes trailing over jinyoung almost as if he was examining him. "sounds awfully convenient," he murmured.

jinyoung rolled his eyes and headed over to the nearest bookshelf to pick up a spare copy of romeo and juliet. soft footsteps sounded on the floor behind him, and he could almost feel jaebum's presence as he followed him. it prickled the hairs on the back of his neck. he found the section of the library with the romeo and juliet copies, and reached for one from the shelf. 

but as he turned, he was trapped.

one of jaebum's hands pressed against the shelves either side of him, jinyoung swallowed anxiously. he breathed in jaebum's scent: a combination of cologne and sweet vanilla. it almost made him dizzy. 

"jinyoung," jaebum whispered, his lips only inches away. 

"stop," said jinyoung firmly, wondering what damage he could do with the romeo and juliet copy in his hand. 

jaebum inhaled and exhaled deeply. but surprisingly, the only word that next escaped his lips was, "please..."

trying to take advantage of his situation, jinyoung grabbed the front of jaebum's jacket and pulled him closer. "how about you tell me what you did to youngjae," he said dangerously. "then we'll talk."

in the time it took jaebum to answer, jinyoung observed the deep brown colour of his eyes, and the particular shape of his cheekbones. then jaebum met his gaze. 

"even if i told you the truth," he said, his voice deep and quiet, "you'd never believe me."

he was like a ticking bomb that could explode at any second. 

"try me," jinyoung pressed. 

jaebum's gaze lingered on his lips for a few moments. but then, to jinyoung's confusion, he stepped back and moved away. "let's not study, jinyoung," he said. "i don't think you can handle me."

jinyoung watched him walk away, frustration building up inside of him. "yah!" he called, slowing jaebum's pace. "i'm tutoring you whether you like it or not. it's for extra credit."

really, it was to find out the truth about jaebum and youngjae, but jaebum didn't need to know that. 

"fine," jaebum muttered, and stalked off out of the school library. 

jinyoung let out a breath he didn't realise he was holding. shaking his head, he collected up his books, stuffed them in his bag, and started walking slowly towards the school gates. he was almost at the bus stop when somebody caught up with him from behind. 

"jinyoung-ah!"

mark.

jinyoung turned and frowned at him. "i thought you were staying after school," he remarked, taking in mark's messy hair and distressed appearance. 

mark blinked. "i, uh, i was," he said. "but i can't believe you!"

"what do you mean?" jinyoung asked as mark tugged on his arm with glee. 

"you and im jaebum! in the library!" mark exclaimed. 

"can you shut up?" jinyoung grumbled. "and literally nothing happened."

"i saw you," mark disagreed, "all close-- you-- the jacket-- fuck! how even--? i thought you hated jaebum..."

"mark!" jinyoung practically screeched. "i have to tutor him in literature, okay? and nothing happened in the library. why were you there anyway? i thought you were finishing stuff in class."

mark licked his lips nervously. "i had to... print something off-- for my teacher, yeah," he said. "are you really sure nothing happened? it looked really hot and steamy--"

"oh my god, shut up," jinyoung snapped, rolling his eyes. "mark, seriously, i hate jaebum and i hate tutoring him. i just need the extra credit."

"pfft," mark scoffed, "as if you, park jinyoung, need extra credit. i bet you're doing it because you have a crush on him."

"a crush?!" jinyoung spat. "fuck no. as if i would like him after what happened to youngjae--"

"i knew youngjae would come into this," said mark with a devillish smile. "it's now a dangerous love triangle--"

"fine," jinyoung interrupted, "you wanna know the real reason i'm tutoring him? i'm trying to find out what really happened with him and youngjae, okay?"

mark paused for a moment. "but you will admit he's hot right?"

jinyoung wanted to slap himself. "you're not coming back to mine," he warned. 

"oh, come on," mark pleaded, "come on, jinyoung~"

"you'll have to buy a bus ticket," said jinyoung.

"yeah, that's fine.."

"oh, and mark?" jinyoung added. mark raised his eyebrows. "you can't breathe a word of this to youngjae," jinyoung warned. "if he finds out i'm tutoring jaebum--"

"my lips are sealed," mark promised. 

a/n: JJPROJECT AFAGSJSHA
the song was so beautiful
and the video
and everything

i love them so much

and i ship them so much too

hope you enjoyed this update :)