31 | wait, wait, wait

jinyoung:

BAMBAM

jinyoung:
i don't care what you're doing
right now, pick up the damn
phone and answer me

jinyoung:
it's really important and i know
you'll be super worried so answerrr

jinyoung:
ITS ABOUT YUGYEOM

____________________

jinyoung's phone buzzed from where he'd left it on the plastic hospital chair.

jaebum glanced down at the phone, his eyes skimming over the caller ID. with a shrug he picked up the phone, swiped to accept the call, and said, "hello?"

the voice on the other end hesitated for a second. "hello?" he said unsurely.

jaebum paused. "...hello?"

"oh my god, we've said that already," said the caller. his voice was high-strung and he sounded anxious. "is this jinyoung? because you got me so fucking nervous with your texts-"

"it's not."

"huh?"

jaebum leaned back in his chair. "jinyoung went to the toilet," he explained, "who are you?"

"i'm bambam, who the fuck are you?!"

jaebum refrained from chuckling. "im jaebum."

there was a sudden screech and jaebum held the phone about a metre away from his ear.

"WHAT THE FUCK?!"

when the screaming stopped, jaebum tentatively spoke again. "sorry but why are you calling?" he questioned.

"sorry, but why are you answering?" bambam accused. "and you should know why i'm fucking calling, i'm like yugyeom's best friend."

"oh... right," said jaebum. then he shrugged. "i haven't seen you guys together for a while i guess."

"yeah, well that's because-" bambam cut himself off. "anyway, what's going on? jinyoung sent me these freaky texts and now i'm dying inside because i'm scared..."

"oh, jinyoung's coming back, by the way."

"where's he coming from? where even are you guys? why are you even together? have i missed like an entire plot line here?!"

"we're at the hospital."

"honestly, i didn't think you and jinyoung were so close- WAIT, YOU'RE AT THE HOSPITAL? WHY?!"

jaebum listened to the other boy start to sob from worry on the other end. jinyoung returned and sat next to him, and took the phone from him with questioning eyes.

"bambam?"

"JINYOUNG, WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME? WHAT'S HAPPENED TO MY YUGIE? OH MY GOD, IS HE..."

"hey, calm down," said jinyoung. "i'll explain it all to you when you get here. but i think he's going to be okay."

"i'm coming right now." bambam sounded tearful on the other end. "why can't you just fucking tell me these things, park jinyoung."

he hung up and jinyoung leaned his head back on the wall with a sigh. he was already exhausted.

"hey," jaebum said gently, "lean your head on my shoulder. get some rest."

jinyoung smiled in spite of himself and rested his head more comfortably on jaebum's shoulder, letting himself lean into the other boy. he felt jaebum's hand in his, and gave a more contented sigh as jaebum squeezed his hand comfortingly.