epilogue #4 | seokjae

*republishing bc wattpad was being a bitch, many soz*
___________________

"so, youngjae," dr hong smiled at him fondly. youngjae was one of his favourite patients, and one he'd grown so proud of. "today marks your last appointment with me."

youngjae hesitated, but slowly grinned at him. "thank you so much for helping me, dr hong," he said.

"just doing my job," dr hong chuckled, "plus, it's been an honour to help you out."

"do you really think i don't need to come here anymore?" youngjae asked then, "ever?"

"you can come back any time, youngjae," dr hong reminded him, "but i think you're ready to face the world on your own now." he looked towards the office door and smiled again. "well, not completely on your own," he added.

youngjae got what he was hinting at and a faint blush tinted his cheeks. "i have my friends as well," he mumbled in embarrassment.

"i know," said dr hong. "anyway, do you have any nice plans this afternoon, youngjae?"

youngjae nodded and a cheerful smile spread across his face. "i'm going to the theme park with seokmin," he answered. his face became a darker shade of pink.

"well, i shouldn't keep him waiting," said dr hong, starting to stand from behind his desk, "it's been special to me seeing you become happier, youngjae. don't hesitate to contact me if you ever want to talk - i like knowing my patients are doing well."

"will do, dr hong," youngjae agreed. "bye-bye!"

"have fun on your date," dr hong called after him as he started to leave.

"it's not a-" youngjae began, but he just finished with a glare at his doctor.

it's not a date.

"ready to go?" seokmin was waiting for him outside, having made himself comfortable on one of those plastic chairs.

"yep!" youngjae beamed at him. he blushed as seokmin intertwined their fingers, and then he squeezed seokmin's hand happily on their way out of the building.

"good, i knew i picked the right date," seokmin said to himself. he swung their arms back and forward as they headed towards the bus stop.

date.

"huh?" youngjae uttered. it wasn't a date... it wasn't a date...

"yeah, last weekend was way too busy to go to the theme park," seokmin explained. "today's a better date."

that kind of date.

"oh, yeah," said youngjae.

they took the bus just out of town to the the theme park which held wild rollercoasters and stomach lurching rides. youngjae loved the scary rides. he knew he might come across as a bit soft to his friends, but no one could take on rollercoasters like he could.

"i'm so excited," youngjae grinned, eager to get off the bus as they approached.

"you wanna go on all the rides?" seokmin gazed out of the window, marvelling at the height of the loop-the-loops.

"heck yeah, i love rides," said youngjae. the grin became a smile of satisfaction.

"oh, yeah, same," said seokmin.

as it turned out, seokmin was petrified of heights, and his shrill screams rung in youngjae's ears for the remainder of the day. the expressions of terror written across his face had youngjae in stitches, and his fingers were almost broken from how hard seokmin was gripping his hand.