epilogue #3 | yugbam

bambam stuck his hands in his pockets, bouncing on the balls of his feet as he waited outside the arcade. it was their arranged meeting place, but yugyeom was late.

"sur~prise!" said a sing song that approached from behind, and a pair of long arms wrapped themselves around bambam's torso.

"wow, surprise, kim yugyeom is late again," bambam drawled, but he melted into the taller's embrace.

"that's not the surprise, idiot," yugyeom scoffed. he moved round so bambam could get a head-to-toe view.

that's when bambam frowned. something was different... how could yugyeom have hugged him with both arms if-?

"you got your cast off?!" bambam screeched, clamouring to get a look at the newly healed arm. "why didn't you tell me it was today?"

"i wanted it to be a surprise," yugyeom chuckled sheepishly, "but the appointment went on for longer than i expected. so i kinda ruined it."

"nah, it's fine," bambam shrugged. "how does your arm feel? better? does it still hurt? how do you-"

"bammie!" yugyeom interrupted, grinning at him, "it feels fine, good as new."

bambam met his gaze and smiled. he wasn't the same sad and anxious yugyeom he'd been avoiding a few months ago. bambam didn't like to say it, but the breakup had been good for him.

"actually..." yugyeom said thoughtfully, "i can't call you bammie."

"what? why not?" bambam wrinkled his nose. yugyeom didn't make any sense sometimes.

"well, i mean, obviously i can," yugyeom backtracked, "but the minhyuks call you bammie. i need my own special name."

"why?" bambam enquired, though his heart raced beneath the surface.

"because," yugyeom said simply. "how about... i know! mookie."

bambam nearly choked on his own saliva. "excuse me?"

"mookie!" yugyeom repeated, liking the sound of his new word. "everyone calls you bambam, so i should use your real name, 'cause i'm special."

"kunpimook is a gross name, why," bambam complained.

"it's an adorable name," yugyeom told him proudly. then he leaned in close and whispered, "like you."

bambam was half between wanting to kiss his stupid mouth and hit it, and he raised a hand in warning. yugyeom sprinted into the arcade on his long legs, chortling at his own corny line. bambam rolled his eyes and stomped after him, cursing under his breath how adorable yugyeom was all the time.

yugyeom had disappeared somewhere within the arcade. bambam stuck his head between various games, but the long-legged beanstalk was nowhere to be seen. 

good thing too, because bambam had to give his cheeks time to fade from pink back to normal.

"can i win you a squishie?" yugyeom asked over his shoulder and bambam jumped. 

"what?" he blinked, spinning round to face him. 

yugyeom pointed to the giant claw machine and bambam started to giggle. "a plushie?" he corrected. "go on then. i'd like to see you try."

"i must say, mookie, i'm offended," said yugyeom primly, stalking towards the game, "don't you have any faith in me?"

bambam leaned against the glass of the machine, watching as yugyeom inserted his tokens and started to play. "everyone knows i'm the best at the claw machine," he bragged. 

yugyeom's expression became a fixed frown on concentration as he stared after the claw, agonising over every time it so much as twitched. he didn't win anything. 

"my turn!" bambam announced, shoving yugyeom out of the way. 

yugyeom sulked whilst bambam won three small plushies in the three times he insisted on playing the game. 

"aw, don't be a loser," bambam laughed. he patted yugyeom's pouting cheeks with his hands.

yugyeom reached up to hold bambam's hands in his own and gazed into his eyes. "i'll have to give you a different prize instead then," he decided. 

bambam gaped as yugyeom pressed an open mouth against his. yugyeom's hands snaked around bambam's waist as their lips moved against each other's, sharing the rough warmth of the kiss, the arcade lights becoming a blur around them. 

eventually, bambam pulled away and hit yugyeom's shoulder accusingly. "thanks for the warning," he huffed. 

yugyeom just smirked at him, still holding him close. "it's better than a plushie, right?"

bambam fought the urge to smile at him, failing miserably. he could kiss those lips forever, but something held him back.

they'd kissed on new year's eve, but they'd both had a lot of champagne. had it just been a mistake? bambam still couldn't figure out yugyeom's intentions. was he just a rebound from jungkook? 

"let's go in the photo booth!" yugyeom dragged bambam to the other end of the arcade before any of those burning questions could be voiced. 

they squeezed into the photo booth and yugyeom inserted some tokens to take a few pictures. they smiled, then made goofy expressions, then bambam shyly kissed yugyeom's cheek, and yugyeom finally turned his head to meet bambam's lips again. they blinked in the flash of the camera. 

"mookie," yugyeom said then, falling sombre as he collected the photo strip. 

"yeah?" bambam slowly looked up to meet his eyes. 

"i just want you to know..." yugyeom licked his lips nervously, his breath catching in his throat, "...i really care about you. i mean, you probably already knew that, it's obvious, but you're just... really special to me."

bambam wriggled his fingers into yugyeom's hand, squeezing it encouragingly. "you mean a lot to me too, yug," he said with a tiny smile. 

"and i... really want you to be mine."

the small smile on bambam's face spread into a grin as he pulled himself over onto yugyeom's lap. all the doubts in his mind seemed to disappear in that moment. he looped his arms around yugyeom's neck, feeling yugyeom's grip tighten around him, and leaned in to kiss him again. 

in that moment, bambam felt safe in yugyeom's arms, their bodies pressed close, the somehow familiar pressure of yugyeom's lips on his...

and in that moment, nothing else seemed to matter. 

____________________

a/n:
sorry for uploading these so irregularly, i've been really lazy with writing recently and i can't seem to get any ideas actually written down on the page :(

anyways though, if i wrote another got7 book, what ship(s) would you want to see?

love you so much ♡♡