16 | romeo + juliet

unblock fuckboy from contacts?
unblock | cancel

edit name
fuckboy |
fuckb |
fuc |
|
im jaebum |

change name to im jaebum?
continue | cancel

____________________

"what are you doing?" jaebum asked, as jinyoung tapped away at his phone.

jinyoung glanced up at him from across the table. jaebum wasn't trying to flirt, or to seduce him, like the first time they'd spoken. he just looked... empty.

"nothing!" jinyoung answered, quickly pocketing his phone. "anyway, let's start at the beginning of the play, and analyse the opening of act one."

jinyoung had no idea if jaebum was even taking any of this in. his eyes just followed where jinyoung's fingers pointed across the page, staring, expressionless. he was a totally different person to the sex-obsessed fuckboy that jinyoung had met a few weeks ago.

why?

"let's take a break," jinyoung blurted as he reached the bottom of the page.

"why?" jaebum asked. exactly... why?

"it's good for the brain," jinyoung said hurriedly. "i'm going to the bathroom. be back in a bit."

he made a beeline for the door and burst into the bathroom, breathing deeply. he rested his hands on the edge of the sink and stared at his reflection in the mirror.

it was so hard to pretend everything was okay, so much harder than he'd thought.

every second he was in jaebum's presence, all he wanted to do was blurt out questions demanding to know what he did to poor youngjae, and what the fuck happened to him last weekend.

jinyoung just couldn't concentrate.

how did i get myself into this mess?

he should've just refused to tutor jaebum in the first place. the entire thing was a massive betrayal to youngjae, especially since jinyoung had a nasty habit of forgetting just how bad jaebum was supposed to be.

jinyoung thought back to that night he'd almost been assaulted, where jaebum had literally saved his ass. he wouldn't have rescued him if he was totally bad, right?

"that's besides the point," jinyoung muttered under his breath.

hanging out with jaebum is wrong.

talking to jaebum, unless it's a confrontatiom about the shit he'd pulled with youngjae, is wrong.

and liking jaebum, to any degree, is definitely, completely wrong. period.

"jinyoung?"

shit shit shit...

jaebum slowly came into the bathroom, and if jinyoung wasn't mistaken, from his expression in the mirror he looked worried.

"what?" jinyoung turned to meet his gaze.

"oh, you were gone a while and i thought something might've-" jaebum cut himself off and scratched at the back of his neck. "doesn't matter. i'll just-"