15 | lie & pretend

"mark fucking tuan," said jinyoung come monday morning, grabbing his friend in a headlock the minute he found his suspicious ass at lunch that day.

"oh, uh, hi, jinyoung!" mark squeaked, his throat constrained by jinyoung's arm.

"where the fuck have you been all weekend?" jinyoung demanded, letting him go. "i had to take youngjae home because the whole fucking football team turned up, and then me and bambam cleaned up my whole fucking house in less than four hours...!"

mark was staring at his shoes.

"mark," said jinyoung, fixing his friend with a glare.

"my mom was on my back about homework," mark shrugged, avoiding jinyoung's gaze. "i had to leave the party early."

jinyoung raised an eyebrow. "seriously?"

mark nodded innocently.

jinyoung met mark's eyes and frowned. "you sure you didn't leave to go fuck some hot fuckboy or something?" he teased, suddenly smirking.

mark scoffed and rolled his eyes. "what do you take me for?"

jinyoung opened his mouth to give a snarky response, but was cut short by a panicked bambam, who ran over to them rambling all sorts of nonsense.

"bambam?"

"finally, i found you," bambam breathed. "can we talk?"

"uh... of course," jinyoung replied, narrowing his eyes at the younger boy in confusion, "i'll, um, see you in a bit, mark, okay?"

"oh, i've got some stuff to do anyways," said mark with a half-smile. "see you later."

jinyoung watched as mark scurried off in the other direction. hm. he was being really weird recently, always making excuses for himself.

jinyoung pushed his suspicious thoughts away as bambam tugged on his arm and dragged him over to a better place to talk. jinyoung just shrugged. the mark thing was probably nothing.

"so, what's up?" jinyoung asked bambam, turning his attention to the younger boy.

bambam bit his lip. "it's really bad," hr whispered.

"uh-oh," said jinyoung. "please don't tell me anyone broke that massive vase in my house on saturday because that's my mom's favourite vase and it was so fucking expensive-"

"it's not that," bambam cut him off, shaking his head. "you know when you heard me scream the next morning...?"

"bambam? are you okay?"

"what? um, oh, yeah, i'm fine. i just, uh, tripped, haha. you know what, jinyoung? it's fine, don't worry about it, i'll clean the trash up here, okay, you go now..."

"yeah, vaguely," jinyoung replied. "you tripped or something?"

"i didn't," bambam told him, his voice throbbing with guilt. "i saw something in the room. and i wish i never had."

they were asleep.

together.

and they shouldn't have been.

jinyoung became dead serious then. "what did you see, bambam?" he asked softly.

"j-jungkook..." bambam stammered, his shoulders shaking as he spoke, "...and..."