If I Had it My Way

If it wasn't so late, I would have gone after Nick, but I didn't want to drive around at night by myself. I was freaking out, though so I knew I needed to do something. I got my phone & started calling Nick. He sent me straight to voicemail which I figured he would do. After about ten times calling him, I sent him a text.

"Please call me so we can talk. I want to do this tour with you more than anything. I'm sorry for complicating things. It won't happen again." I sent the text then stared at my phone to see if the three little dots would pop up. They didn't pop up & the message never said that it was read. I sighed, tossing my phone on the couch as I faced the truth. Nick might back out of this tour & I probably wouldn't be able to convince him otherwise.

I sat there on my couch for several minutes debating on whether I should call John or Phil to give them a heads up, but what would I tell them? I was attracted to Nick & wanted to be with him in every way possible but he's scared & wants to be as far away from me as he can get? Phil would ream me a new asshole for sure. John would just sigh & tell me he'd talk to Nick, but I didn't want anyone to know what was going on. I didn't need to give Nick another reason to be mad at me.

I ended up falling asleep on the couch & when I woke up I saw the sun trickling through the windows. I grabbed my phone & saw it was 7 in the morning. I checked my message to Nick & it still hadn't been read. I had to go see him. I hoped he was home, but more than anything, I hoped that he was alone.

I practically ran upstairs to get a quick shower, then put my hair up in a small ponytail & got dressed as if I was going to the gym or rehearsing since that's what I was supposed to be doing today anyway. 

When I got in my car I decided to text Damian, Nick's assistant, to see if he knew where Nick was. Thank God he texted back, quickly, to let me know that Nick was at the gym & then after he was done there, he had a meeting with John. Shit. I needed to get to Nick before he met with John so I drove straight to the gym.

I saw Nick outside looking at his phone when I pulled into the gym parking lot. I got out of my car & walked toward him then smiled when he looked up at me. 

"We need to talk

"We need to talk." I said as I got closer.

"No, we don't. You've done enough talking lately." Nick turned to head back to the gym & I ran to his side. When I tried to get in front of him, he let out a loud, angry sigh & rolled his eyes toward the sky. 

"You can't back out of the tour. I would never find someone else on such short notice. Besides, we've put in way too much into it already. And think about all the money we've put into it so far."

"Then we'll cancel it." He said with a shrug, not looking at me & I really wanted to smack him in the face.

"Are you serious? You would do that to your fans? You would do that to all the people who work for us?" I clicked my tongue, in disgust.