I'm at the Edge

I was daydreaming of being alone with Nick, when I heard Kelsey gasp. I focused on her face as she noticed Nick standing in the room, with us. "I wasn't expecting you to be in here. Sorry you heard about my menstrual cramps." Kelsey said to Nick, then glanced at me, her eyes narrowing a bit. "What is Nick doing here, anyway?"

"Oh, he came up here to tell me some details about our day trip." I explained smiling at Nick, who looked a little stunned I was telling Kelsey a version of the truth.

"Day trip?" Kelsey looked alarmed, as she started looking at her phone, frantically scrolling. "I have nothing, in my calendar, about a day trip. Why don't I have something in my calendar?"

Nick sucked in his bottom lip to keep from laughing & I took a step in Kelsey's direction. "You wouldn't have it in your calendar, because we just planned it. It's just me & Nick & no one else, so you can relax."

Kelsey's head snapped up as she gave Demi some side eye. "You & Nick?" Her eyes darted to look at Nick. "No one else?" She looked back at me & I shook my head. I heard Nick suck in his breath & I wondered if he was afraid I was going to tell her something I shouldn't. 

"Nick & I were talking the other day & we have had a few moments, on this tour, where we've felt overwhelmed. And before you freak out & call Mike or Natalie, I assure you, I'm fine. We just thought it would be nice to get away. Just us. No one else. We're going to turn off our cell phones & get a rental car & just drive around Ontario. Nick even talked to the manager of the camp where we shot the Camp Rock movies & he's going to let us tour the place." I crossed my arms, watching Kelsey, carefully as her expression changed to relief. I wanted to ask her what she was relieved about. Was it because she thought Nick & I were together or because she was worried about me?

"Okay... that sounds like fun. I could tag along. I can avoid talking business." Kelsey stated, looking at me & Nick, as she sat down on the sofa.

I looked over at Nick & rolled my eyes. "Guess she missed the alone part."

"You'd be bored silly, Kelsey. Take the day off. I'll take good care of our girl." Nick sauntered up to me, throwing his arm around my shoulder & giving me a squeeze as he smirked at Kelsey then he turned that smirk on me. 

I rolled my eyes like I was annoyed by him, but underneath the facade, I was screaming that he called me his girl

I rolled my eyes like I was annoyed by him, but underneath the facade, I was screaming that he called me his girl. Sorta. I started nodding as I looked at Kelsey. "Yep, Nick will take good care of me."

"Fine. But we do have things to discuss right now." Kelsey told Nick who laughed, quietly.

"I can take a hint." His hands were up. "I'll see you girls later." Nick winked at me so Kelsey couldn't see & my heart reacted, making me smile. 

For the few hours when I didn't see Nick, I missed him. When I saw him that afternoon at the venue, my heart soared when his eyes met mine. I tried to act normal but I couldn't stop thinking about our day together, which had me incredibly excited. A few people commented on how I was acting, but I covered it with some lame story about being excited for seeing David Johnson.