I Would Take You Down

I was pretty angry when I descended the stairs of the airplane, after Nick was an asshole to me. I couldn't believe he was so mean, just by saying a few simple sentences. I stared at him, in disbelief, as he walked toward the bus, with John. I felt myself fuming & I couldn't wait to find out what the fuck Nick's problem was, so I marched after him.

I made my presence known on the bus, making John & Nick both look in my direction. There wasn't anyone else on the bus, so I crossed my arms & looked right at John. "Would you mind giving me & Nick some privacy? There's something really important I need to speak with him about." I tried not to sound as angry as I was.

John glanced at Nick before he nodded. "Sure. I'll go check on some things." He pat Nick's arm then smiled at me before he left.

"I'm sorry about what I said. I shouldn't have been so rude." Nick explained, like he was trying to stop me from laying into him.

"You're not going to just apologize. You're going to tell me what the hell you're so mad about."

Nick looked away, briefly, then his eyes met mine. "You told Cherry that I didn't want something serious. You had no business telling her that, Demi."

"That's why you're pissed? What? Did I fuck up your chances to get laid?"

"No. I wanted to see where things went with her & you kinda ruined it."

"How?"

"How?"

"She told me she doesn't want to see me. She wants to just be friends." Nick rolled his eyes. "So, thanks for that."

"She seemed fine when I talked to her."

"Well, she isn't."

I saw how upset Nick was & I decided to forget how I felt about him, for a moment. "You really like her?"

"Yea, I do."

"I'll talk to her." I turned to leave the bus, trying to keep my emotions in check.

"Wait." Nick called out & I turned around. "Why are you going to talk to her for me? You're cool with me & her seeing each other?"

"I just want you to be happy." I shrugged. "Just don't hurt her." I turned on my heel & walked out of the bus. I fought the urge to cry because I made up my mind. I was going to let Nick move on. I was going to try to move on myself. I was going to forget that I have feelings for my best friend. From now on, he was going to just be my best friend, Nick.

I knew it would be hard to forget my feelings, but I was strong. I was an actress. I could do it. I had faith in myself. When Nick & I were on a helicopter together, the next day, I snapchat him while he was trying to drink out of a straw with his headset on. It was incredibly adorable, but I had to pretend it was just funny.

 It was incredibly adorable, but I had to pretend it was just funny