Scared of What I Might Say

I held my breath, waiting to see if John believed me when I said there wasn't anything going on between me & Nick. John watched both of us, carefully, then he shrugged, like he was mistaken, so I let out a breath. "Maybe you two being single at the same time is just causing some tension. I kinda figured there wasn't something going on with you guys." John put his sunglasses on, then leaned closer to Nick.

Nick put his sunglasses on, too, then leaned his body toward John. They looked as though they were pretending to sleep. I rolled my eyes at them, before I looked down at my phone, trying to get my heart to stop racing. That was a close call. I'd definitely need to be more careful, when Nick & I were around other people. I wasn't even sure I could, because I had no idea what I had been doing the other day to make Dave & John question us.

Once our plane landed, in Florida, Nick & I got into a limo, with several members of our team. The limo took us to our first radio interview, which was fun. It was fun up until the moment we took photos with some of the staff. Two girls were flirting with Nick & touching him as much as they possibly could. It was annoying to me, not because I was threatened by them, but because I wanted to be able to touch him like that, in public. I had to turn away, especially when Nick gave me an amused look. It was like he knew I was bothered & was enjoying it.

While we were on the bus, heading to the venue to rehearse & to see our show, live & in person, for the first time, we stopped at a truck stop

While we were on the bus, heading to the venue to rehearse & to see our show, live & in person, for the first time, we stopped at a truck stop. Nick & I both pulled out our phones to document this moment on snapchat. I loved that we were so similar. It made me even more sure, that we would live happily ever after, if we ever got together.

Nick & I were finally alone, on the bus, for a few minutes, while we waited for everyone to come back from the rest stop

Nick & I were finally alone, on the bus, for a few minutes, while we waited for everyone to come back from the rest stop. "You're going to have to be more careful, Demi." I heard Nick say, while I was texting my mom.

I wrinkled my forehead when I looked up at him. He was standing by the kitchen, leaning on the counter. "Careful? What are you talking about?"

Nick nodded his head toward the window, that looked out, over the rest stop. "Dave & John saw something. You need to stop looking like you're into me."