Show You All the Red Lace

I stared at Nick, surprised & confused by him saying I had fucked Luke. My mouth hung open & I had trouble finding the words to speak, for a moment. Nick closed his mouth, quickly & looked away, his expression full of guilt. I needed to know why he was so mad & why he seemed jealous, but most of all I needed to know who told him I was fucking Luke.

"What makes you think I was fucking Luke?" I asked, after taking a deep breath.

"I don't think you are fucking him. I know you are fucking him." He said, his expression lacking emotion.

"You could only know that if someone told you. So who told you?"

"It doesn't matter." He replied, with a sigh & a shake of his head. 

"It does, too matter. Because if I have a friend who is blabbing to others about my sex life I'm going to need to have a talk with them."

"It wasn't intentional."

I crossed my arms & blew a strand of hair away from my eye. "Who was it? There are only a few people who know that Luke & I were even seeing each other, let alone having sex."

Nick leaned his ass on the dining room chair & crossed his arms, still not looking at me. "I'm not going to say."

"Tell me, Nick. You know me well enough to know, that I won't let this go."

Nick sighed, loudly, rolling his eyes toward the ceiling, as he shook his head slightly. "You're so frustrating."

I couldn't help it. I busted out laughing, then covered my mouth when Nick turned his head to glare at me. "I'm frustrating. Oh okay, Nick. You have no idea what's really frustrating." I shook my head, my laughter turning into a quiet chuckle. "So tell me who told you."

Nick gave me a quick side eye glance then ran his hand over his mouth

Nick gave me a quick side eye glance then ran his hand over his mouth. "The last time I was home, I was at Unbreakable & ran into Mike. We got to talking & he asked me how Hawaii was. I said you were supposed to visit, but I didn't think it would happen. He laughed & said you had been spending a lot of time with Luke. Then he said you spent almost three days with him at the house & barely came out of the bedroom." He stared straight ahead & as I studied his profile, I realized how hurt he was. He wasn't jealous, like I had assumed. He was genuinely hurt by a broken promise.

"We haven't gone public, so we've been hanging out here. But that doesn't mean we had sex."

Nick smirked, turning his head to look at me. "You really going to tell me you guys didn't have sex? Because I'm not stupid, Demi. Mike even commented, jokingly, that you guys could get kinda loud so he's been using the Altec Lansing headphones I gave him." He let out a quiet chuckle & looked down. "It's fine. I get it. You'd rather fuck him, than hang out with me. I mean I'd probably choose sex over hanging out with you, so I totally understand." He stood up straight & I rolled my eyes.