Baby, I Would Do Just What I Want To

I couldn't read Nick's face after I accused him of sleeping with Cherry. He was looking at me with a confused expression on his face, so I was glad when he finally spoke up. "What?" He asked in a low voice, in case someone could hear us, as they walked past the dressing room.

"You're sleeping with her now, aren't you? I mean you have to be fucking the way the two of you were kissing, backstage, earlier." I rolled my eyes.

Nick pressed his lips together in an irritated smirk, staring at me for a moment, before he spoke. "So you think because I was kissing her a certain way that it means I'm fucking her?" He asked, his voice still quiet even though I could tell he was very annoyed. I pursed my lips, but didn't answer his question, not even with a slight nod. The smirk my lips made, gave him the answer. He walked toward me & I could feel my heart rate quicken. "You & I were kissing passionately, but we weren't fucking." He stated with a shrug of his shoulder.

 "Are you going to stand there & tell me you're not fucking her?"

"I'm standing here saying.... It's none of your business, like you said, but I'm also going to tell you that I am not fucking Cherry." Nick lifted his chin a little, his mouth left open, for a few seconds then he took in a deep breath. "Whether you believe me or not, I really don't care. We're just friends. Try not to forget it." He turned on his heel & started to walk away. 

"Nick." I called out as I jogged a few steps to grab his arm & he turned around. "I'm sorry. You're right. It's none of my business. We're just friends & that's it, so I have no right to be angry. I believe you, by the way."

"Good." Was all he said, before he left my room. 

I felt bad that he still seemed mad at me, so I went after him. I ran down the hall, calling out Nick's name, then my ankle rolled in my high heel & I went down. Hard. I screamed out in pain when I landed, then I looked up just in time to see Nick running toward me.

"Jesus, Demi, are you okay?" Nick asked in a frantic voice as he knelt beside me, ready to help me stand.

"I just twisted my ankle. You know me." I chuckled. 

Several people came to my aid, which I was annoyed by, because I wanted Nick to be the only one near me, so I could make sure he wasn't mad at me. After I got help into my dressing room, to sit down, I insisted everyone leave, except Nick. Max went to get our doctor, that was part of our team, there mostly for Nick's Diabetes. Once I was alone with Nick, I smiled at him. "You fall on your ass, twist your ankle & you're smiling. What a warrior." Nick chuckled.

"Please don't be mad at me."

Nick sighed & rolled his eyes. "I'm not mad at you." He smiled at me, then lifted his eyebrows, playfully. "I should be. But I'm not. I can't stay mad at you, Lovato. You know that. Especially while you're all injured & shit." He waved his hand over me & laughed.