Chapter 36: Stage 2

Tobias POV

I open my eyes.
The first thing I see are a pair of gray eyes staring at me.
A smile forming in my face, I get closer and press my lips to hers softly.

"Goodmorning" I tell her.

"Shhh, if you don't acknowledge it maybe it'll go away" she says sleepy.

I chucke "you're such a lazy" I say standing up.

She just groans in response.

"Wake up Six!" I say in my instructor voice: loud, clear and emotionless, "stage two today"

She rolls on the bed to face me, giving me a suprised look. "You're not my instructor anymore, Four" she tells me in the same voice but femenine.

"I know" I turn around and go into the bathroom to change.

What has just happend?

I change and head to the kitchen to make breakfast when my phone starts ringing.
I follow the sound to the living room and pick up the phone to answer.

"Hello?" I ask, I didn't stop to look the caller id.

"Four?"

I reconize the voice instantly "Uriah?"

"Yeah, hey bro, I need a favor"

"Tell me"

"Lauren's still sick, so I was hoping you could fix everything so Zeke can help me today"

First I'm confused then I remember I'm a Dauntless leader now, I work in the goverment.

"Yeah, sure man, no prob"

"Thanks bro, I own you"

With that he hangs up.

I don't know how to do it through.
But I know someone who does.

Beep

"Hey" He says, more as a question.

"Hey man, it's Four. Do you how to change turns? Like, someone's sick, so another one remplazes her, but how do you send a remplaze the person that is remplazing?"

"You have to call the place where the person that is remplazing works and explain, then they'll take care of calling for a remplaze"

"Okay Jacob, thanks"

"Okay man, bye"

End of the call.
{I don't know if you remember, Jacob's a Dauntless leader}

"Breakfast's ready" I hear Tris from behind, she's using the same voice she used earlier: clear, emotionless.

"Tris..." I start to say but she has already walk back to the kitchen.

I sign.
I want to go after her, but I still have to call the control room.

Beep
Beep
Beep

"Hello?"

I don't reconize the voice.
"Hey, it's Four. I call to explain that Zeke isn't going to go today because he's remplazing Lauren as Dauntless born instructor, so you have to call a remplaze"

"Okay"
As soon as the words leave the man's mouth, he hangs up.

Can't blame him, he had the night turn.

Now that everything's fix, I can finally have breakfast.

As I'm about to enter to the kitchen, Tris goes out.
"We're going to be late" she says picking up her keys and getting out.

I quickly pick a muffin from the kitchen -we bought them yesterday along with the cake-, and run to catch up with her.

"Tris-" I start to say again but she cuts me.

"Today's stage two, so we have to prepare everything for the Fear Simulation; there are two rooms now, to make it faster."

"Yeah, I know."

"So? Where do we pick up the syringes and all?" She asks.

I'm having a bad time containing the laugh, because if I laugh, she'll get angrier than she is.

"We don't have to pick up nothing, everything's there"

"Oh, okay. Let's go then"

After a while of walking I decide to try again: "Tris about th-" but she cut me again.

"Is Lauren coming? Or she's still sick?"

"She's sick. Zeke will remplace her."

"Do you know what's wrong with her?"

"Just a cold, I've been told"

"Oh, okay then, I hope she gets better. I think I'll visit her later with Chris and Shauna"

"Good."

We arrive. Uriah is already there.

"Hey" he says.

Tris says "hey" and I nod.

"Everything's ready, we just have to wait for the initiates that should be arriving in five minutes and Zeke, that who knows when he's coming." Uriah says.

"Classic Zeke" I say.

And as soon as the words leave my mouth Zeke arrives.

"Talking about the King of Rome?" Zeke asks.

Before we can answer, Jacey, James and Paul arrive.

"Who are you?" Jacey asks flirty.

Wow. She's such a whore.

"I'm your father" Zeke says sarcastictly, Tris and Uriah laugh, I contain it.

Jacey doesn't look very pleased by the answer.

Just then Diana, Josh, Sam and Alex arrive, then the other start arriving.

"Today we start step two" Uriah says.

"Dauntless born and transfers will be ranked together since now" Tris continues.

"We tought you how to fight and use weapons, that's physical. Now you have to learn to control the mental part." I say.

"Just sit there until your name its called" Tris says.

"How do you that?" Zeke turns to look at the three of us.

"Do what?" Uriah asks before I can.

"Know when the other will stop speaking to continue and all that. It's weird. Don't do it in front of me." Zeke says.

No one answers him. We don't plan it, it just happends.

"Makenzie, you're first" Tris calls.

Tris, Makenzie and I enter the room after Uriah calls Sam.