Chapter 50: You gotta be kidding me

Tobias POV

Ugh, I hate sleeping on couchs.

Yeah, Zeke  and Shauna do have a guest room, but they haven't fixed it since the last truth or dare. 

My back hurts like it was just hitted by the point of a gun. And I know that feeling a little too well.

I get up and walk to the kitchen, rubbing my back with my left hand. It doesn't help the pain.

"How's your back?" Shauna asks when I enter the kitchen, she's drinking juice in front of the fridge.

"Ho-" she cuts me.

"You slept on the couch, it always hurts in the morning."

"You could had told me that yesterday, I would have slept on the floor"

"I thought it was obvious", she closes the fridge and leans on the counter in front of me. "And I was kind of hoping it would hurt"

"Can I know why?" I ask taking a cereal bowl, cereal and milk, also a spoon.

"You didn't told us yesterday what happend besides telling us you had a fight, but whatever reason you fighted for, you hurted Tris, I'm sure of that. So, maybe it wouldn't be so bad for you to be a little hurt too."

I lean into the fridge, and she turns around to face me.

"And to think I used to call you my best girl-friend"

She smiles and roll her eyes while shaking her head, "Four, I can't tell you to not do anything stupid because you already did, but don't be an idiot too, apologize to her. You're going to do it anyway, maybe not today but later, and waiting just causes more distance between you too."

"I know, but really is like she can't listen to me, everything has to be her way, and she doesn't get that she can be wrong sometimes" I tell her.

"Four, you want me to be honest?-"

"No, lie to me" I tell her with sarcasm.

"Damn it Four! I'm just trying to help you." She says geting irritated.

"I don't need your help, Shauna!" I say, louder than she did.

Zeke comes into he kitchen, "what's going on here?" he asks really confused.

"Nothing. Thanks for letting me stay." I say sharply and leave, closing the door too hard.

I walk away, mad. Angry. Irritated.

Finally I stop at the pit, sit on Tris and mine's rock and notice my knuckles are white.

I sigh. I want to blame Shauna, I want to blame Tris...I want to blame Marcus. But no one forced me to be the way I am, to do the things I did or to say the things I said.

Tobias, if you want to be happy and stop fighting, you have to get over yourself and be the person you want to be. Let go of the past, to welcome the future. If you want Tris to be part of it, stop being such a jerk and go apologize before it gets worse.

I close my eyes, sigh and open then again, stand up and start walking towards my apartment. There's no work today, now the initiates have a day off before going on their fear landscapes.

I keep repeting what I'm going to tell Tris. Over and over. 

I get to the door, take out the keys and go inside.

There's no one on the livinf room, and I don't hear anyone on the kitchen. They must be still sleeping. I open the guest room door and Uriah is there sleeping. 

Christina must have slept with Tris, so she wouldn't be alone, that's common in Amity and Candor, since Christina's a Candor, she probably did that. I get to my room and open the door, Christina is there, but she's on the floor, and looks hurt. Tris is no where.

I start to panic. I go take a look at Christina. She has bruises on her arms and legs, one of her cheeks has a cut, and she also has two on her arms.

I carry her and go wake up Uriah.

What the fuck happend here?! Where is Tris?!

"Uriah! Wake up!" he jumps from the bed and his eyes open wide.

"What did you do to her?!"

"I just found her, idiot! What happend here?! Where is Tris?!"

He shakes his head, confused, "I don't know, everything was fine when I went to sleep"

"Take her to the infirmary, I have to found Tris"

I pass Christina from my arms to his and he leaves quickly. I get into the kitchen while calling Zeke. I sure don't want him involved but this affects Uriah and Uriah affects Zeke. I tell him Christina's at the hospital with Uriah and hand up before he can ask anything. 

I drop the phone when I find a note nailed with a knife on the counter.

Thanks for the help, Four.

That was just too easy.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Hello everyone!

I haven't write a writter's note in a while.

Anyways, I thought I'll go back to Tris/Tobias 's POV instead of keep switching from everyone's.

Don't hate me for the cliff-hangers, because I love youuu <4