Chapter 49: The Blame's on both

Tris POV

 I'm in shock. 

I keep asking myself why? why would she do this? 

Tobias is quiet as well, shocked as I am.

I take a sit, and Tobias copies my actions. I look at him, and I know he's as puzzled as I am. 

He looks back at me and hugs me. 

I cuddle in his arms, trying to clear my mind.

"I don't understand...why?" he asks quietly

I look up to his face, "I don't know" I say slowly.

"The only thing I can think of is that she blames you for her not making it to top ten in initiation. But I don't think that will be a good reason to want to destroy someone's life so badly, do you?"

"I don't know...I don't think so", I bury my face on his chest adn close my eyes.

"Tris, we are going to be okay, after all we have been through she's not going to be the one who brings  at apart. Probably she just wants to scare us."

I sit properly beside him, "So, you don't think we should do anything about it?"

"No, even when is probably nothing, I'll talk to Evelyn tomorrow at work, ask her about Molly, how did she got her to help her, where did she found her, etc. And for safety I think it will be better for us not to be alone as much as possible"

"I don't know Tobias, I don't trust Evelyn, and our friends will notice, they'll ask cuestions and we can't let them get involved."

"Is our best chance.  Just invent some excuse if they ask. Act normal and we have to talk to Uriah, tell him it was just a joke from a initiate or something like that."

"I'm tired of lying, Tobias! All we do is lie! I though we were done with the lies! I don't want to keep lying!"

"You prefer to put them in danger?! We are lying to keep them safe!"

"Molly already know them! She knows they are our friends! Better for them to be prepared for anything that being caught out of guard!"

Why is it so hard for him to accept that he's not always right?! 

"But they have nothing to do in this bussiness! She wants to ruin our lifes! Not theirs!"

"You know what? Yeah, fine, let's do what you want. Becuase you are always right, like last time, when you almost killed Uriah!"

His eyes are full of anger and now they look angry and hurt at the same time. 

Yeah, maybe I was too angry and didn't think of what I was saying. I didn't mean to hurt him like that.

He just stares at me, without saying a word. Like he couldn't find words to express how he feels.

"We don't need Molly break us apart, you are doing a great job yourself" he finally says, he gives me one angry look and gets out of the appartment, smashing the door.

Wow. Did he really just put the blame on me?

Like, wow.

That kind of hurt.

But it bothers me more than hurts me. It wasn't my fault! 

We both have the blame.

Funny. He says we shouldn't be alone and the first thing he does is leaving me alone, at night.

I'm not scare through, I'm too busy being angry.

Anyways I call Chris, because I think that's what he would like me to do.

"Tris?" Chris answers.

"Chris, hey"

"I'm outside, open the door."

What? 

I open the door and Christina is outside with Uriah.

"Hey guys" I tell them, really confused.

They come inside and we sit on the living room. Me and Chris on the couch and Uri on the floor.

"Not to be rude, but why are you here? Like, I was calling you to tell you to come over, but you were already here" I tell them.

"Four"  Uri says, like that explains it all.

Looking at my still confused face, Chris explains, "Four called us to came, so you wouldn't be alone, he said you had a fight, and that we can't ask about it."

"So tell us, what happend?" Uriah says.

I can help it, I smile, Uriah such a good friend, he always knows how to cheer me up.

"Uh, nothing, we just..we couldn't agree with each other, he got mad and left"

"What were you arguing about?" Chris asks.

Should I tell them? That's exactly what we were arguing about, tell them or not? If I tell them, he's going to be furious and I dont want to keep fighting, but I want to tell them. Uriah already knows part of it anyway. Sorry Tobias, I am going to tell them. And there is nothing you can do to stop me.

"I can't tell you, sorry guys." I sigh, the things I do for you Tobias.