Chapter 51: Research

Tobias POV

I'm so stupid.

I told her I'd never leave her side, that I would always be there to protect her. And now she's gone. Again. What's up with people kidnapping her? Like, really. 

I sigh. What do we have to do to have our happy ending? Haven't we been through enough already? Don't we deserve it?

Okay, fine. We have killed a lot of people, but they wanted to kill us! It was us or them, easy choise.

And even through I'm so tired of this...kidnapping and war and crazy people with an obsesion of ruining our lifes, I'll do whatever to rescue Tris, over and over again, without regrets.

I don't know if I should ask for help. That would be involving them on this, which is exactly what I told Tris not to do.

Ugh! 

I decide not to call anyone, if anything happens Uriah already knows Tris is gone and that Molly is involved so they would be able to find us.

I take two guns and three knifes. As I'm walking out of the Dauntless compound I realize where I'm heading. I'm going to my house. My old house. Evelyn's house.

I knock hard, "Evelyn!".

She opens the door quickly, confused of the situation.

"Tobias, what's wrong?" 

"Are you involved in this?" I say sharply.

"What are you talking about? I haven't do anything! Come inside so you can tell me what's happening."

"Tris. She's been kidnapped. Again. Do you know anything about it?", I say without moving.

"Tobias come inside, it's early, you're going to wake up the whole neighborhood."

I do as she asks and sit on the living room.

"No, Tobias. I know what you are thinking, but I'm not involved in whatever it is that is happening."

I watch her expresions carefully, I don't think she's lying. I would like to have Christina here to confirm it anyways. But like I don't, guess I have to trust my insticts and believe her.

"Okay. I believe you. There's other thing, when you did kidnapped her, there's this girl who worked for you, the one who kidnapped her, what was her name?"

First things first, I want to be completly sure it's Molly we are talking about.

"Uh, she said she knew her, that she was on her initiation class. I can't remember her name, it was something like Olive, maybe started with M? Molive? No, that's not it-"

"Molly"

"Yes! Molly! That's her. Why? You think she's involved?"

"How did you find her? What did she told you about Tris?", I ignore her cuestion.

"She found me. Told me sh-"

"What do you mean?" 

"She called me out of nowhere, she said she knew what I was planning and that she could help."

"And you hired her without knowing anything about her? Just like that?"

"Tobias I hired someone to kidnap someone, I don't care who they are or why they agree, I only care they do as they are told."

"Did she at least told you why she wanted to help?"

"She only said she wanted revenge"

"And you didn't ask why?!"

"No, because knowing Beatrice, that would be endlessly."

I give her a fierce look.

"Tobias, you more than anyone know that their is a lot of people with many different reasons to wanted her dead."

"Including you?", I say sarcastically.

"I don't want her dead, just gone."

"What did you said?!" I say standing up agressively, closing my fists, trying so hard not to go and strangle her.

She doesn't move, not even blink. 

"Come on Tobias, it isn't a secret. I told you I was going to leave her alone for you, that's what I have do, haven't I? You don't have to worry about me."

I calm down a bit and sit down again.

"You have any other cuestion? Because I have to keep going."

"After she called you, where did you meet? Any idea where I can find her?"

"She came to my office two nights before so I could explain her where to bring her, about the payment, all that stuff."

"How much did you paid her?"

"I didn't. She said there was no need to."

"You didn't though it was odd?"

"I didn't care."

"When did you met? I was on the office the whole time."

"It was late, after you had already left."

"So you just gave her all the information? Where to find her, where she lived? Wh-"

"I didn't need to. She already knew everything."

Great. So she has been stoking her?

I sigh. "I have to go", I tell her standing up. 

"Wait! I can help you, I can send people to look for her, I can-"

"I don't want your help, Evelyn. Leave it alone."

"But you need it."

"The only thing I need is to have my fiancee back."

"Good luck then. Be careful"

I want to laugh, I really do. Be careful? Since when did she started caring of my safety?

I just nod and leave. At least I didn't waste my time.

Where could she be?