Chapter 38: Drama Queen

Tris POV

"Where did Josh said Lauren lives?" I ask.

"Seven floor, apparment 539" Christina reminds me.

We get into the elevator and press 7.

"I hope it's just a cold" Shauna says.

"Yeah, me too" Christina agrees.

We get out of the elevator and to the right.
We continue walking until we find it. Appartment 539.
Shauna knocks.

"Who is it?" we hear from the other side of the door.

"It's Shauna, Christina and Tris here" Shauna says.

We hear her unlocking the door and then the door opens.

"Hey" Lauren says.

She looks tired and sick. Her voice is raspy and low. Her hair is a mess. She's in pjs and has a blanket around.

"Hey" Shauna says.
"Hi" Christina and I say.

We all give her a sweet smile.

"I'll invite you to come in, but I don't think it is a good idea" She explains.

"Don't worry, we understand" Christina says.

She nods. "So, what brings you here?" She asks.

"We wanted to check on you" Shauna explains. "Are you okay?"

We let her do all the talking because she's closer to Lauren that we are.

"Yeah, tha-cough-thanks, I'm fine, I'll be okay in two or three days. It's just a cold, nothing to worry about." Lauren says.

"Okay, we'll let you rest" I tell her.

"Thanks. Really. For checking on me. Bye" she says closing the door slowly.

So we just turn and walk toward the elevator.

"Do you really think she's fine?" Shauna asks us.

"Honestly, no" Christina says.

Shauna looks so worried. I feel so bad for her, she already lost Lynn, and Lauren's her best friend.
Then I realize she's just like me. I lost my brother. It's like if I was losing Christina.
That would be so horrible.
We all have already suffer enough for a lifetime, we don't need more suffering.

The war might be over, but that doesn't mean pain is over. It's never over. There's always more.

No one tries to make conversation again. We just walk silently to Christina's.

When we arrive Chris opens the door and when we're already inside she makes some coffe. We sit on the couch with a confortable silence.

We're all busy with our own thoughs.

"Shauna, it's fine, she's going to be okay, you'll see" I tell her, breaking the silence.

"No. No, it's not okay!" she breaks down "It's not fucking okay! She's not FUCKING okay! Don't you get it? NOTHING. IS. EVER. OKAY!" That's when the crying starts.

I have never feel confortable with people crying in front of me. I don't know how to comfort them. And sometimes I don't know if I should, I mean, I thinks the best I can do is let her cry, let her cry until there no tears left.

Crying reminds me of Al.

I haven't think about him for a while now. I miss him. But I don't feel guilty for his death anymore. He took his decision. Not me. Him.

Crying reminds me of death.

The death of my love ones. Because that's all I did when they died. I cried.

I cried until there were no tears left. I cried and cried.
I cried because of my mom. I cried because of Will. I cried because of my dad. I cried because of Marlene. I cried because of Lynn. And I cried because of Caleb.

That's the one that hurts the most. Caleb's. He was a traitor, he betrayed me, he almost cause my death, but he was my brother. And I will always love him. In the end he gave sacrificed for me. Like the rest of my family.

I snap back to reality. Christina is trying to hug Shauna but she uses her hands to keep her away.
She finally gives up and lets her cry alone.

After a couple of minutes she calms down, the whole time we have just sitted there, staring at her.

"I'm sorry, I just-" Shauna starts, but I cut her.

"It's okay. Don't worry." I tell her.

"I really have to go, I'm sorry." Shauna says quickly standing up and leaving.

What the hell just happend..?

"I'm confused" Christina says.

"Yeah, me too." I say.

Christina shakes her head, like going out of a transe, "I'm gonna take a shower, you'll wait, or I see you tomorrow?"

"Uh..I guess I see you tomorrow" I say.

"Okay, bye" she says.

"Bye Chris" I say leaving.

I go home and find Tobias just in front of the door, opening it with his key.

He finishes opening the door, puts his keys in his back pocket and turns around to face me.

He takes my hand "Tris, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have talk to you like that, and I swear, I love you more than I love Dauntless cake."

I smile and without a word, I press my lips to his.

When I think about it, it was like the most stupid fight we have ever had, well it wasn't exactly a fight, it was me getting mad with him. I'm so stupid.

He reacts quickly, deeping the kiss and I smile through our press lips.

I love this guy.

Without breaking the kiss, he slips his hands from my back, to my legs, as I put mine around the back of his neck, then he carries me inside, closing the door with the back of his heel. I break the kiss with my laugh and he smirks, then licks my lips, pressing me against the door.

Then, our lips are press againts the other's, and his tongue asks for entrance, so I let him.

We stay like that for a while: me press against the door with his hand running up and down my legs, my hands messing his hair and slipping under his shirt, our tongues moving in sync.

And well, you know what happends then...

__________________________________________________________________________________

Salve! (hello in latin)

I have been making chapters shorter than I used to, I get writter block from time to time, but try to update anyways for you guys! Because I know you like it.

You can't imagine how much I love your comments! They always cheer me up, thanks you guys, really.

Lov you 😘