Chapter 58: Back on Track

Tobias POV:

I finally have my Tris back, and everything is okay now. Everyone has already left, it's just me and her now. Well, kind of, she's asleep.

I'm sitting on a chair next to her bed, holding her hand. It's so silent I can hear her breaths.

Steady and calm breaths.

It doesn't matter how hard I try to stay awake, I eventually fall asleep.

I wake up because of the light, and to the sight of Tris playing with her nails.

"Good morning", I tell her as I lean to kiss her.

She smiles when I back away, "hey, ugh, I can't wait to get out, I want to go home"

"I know, I know, but the doctor said you have to stay until next week, and that is depending how you are doing then."

"Since when do we take orders from doctors?", she whispers.

I smirk, "I want to pick you up and get you the hell out of here, but I'm not. You're staying here until the doctor says".

"What about our initiates? We already delay the final test for them for a very long time!"

"Lauren, Uriah and I will take care, you don't have to worry about it, about anything, at all".

"Lauren is okay now?", she asks excited.

"Yeah, she's doing okay, she and Josh came to visit you last night actually, but you were asleep."

"Aw really? That's so sweet! Anyway, I'm fine, I can take care of the simulations with you."

"Tris, I'm serious."

She pouts.

"Stop it, it's not going to work", I warn her.

 I sigh, "fine, I'll pick you up at midnight"

She grins, "thank you, Tobias, I love you"

"I love you too, Tris"

The doctor asks me to leave so he can check on Tris. And I need to know how she convinced me of getting her out.

* * *

Thirty minutes before midnight, I wake up with the phone's alarm. I wake up Tris, "it's time to go home"

She kisses me before trying to stand, but she's still too weak, so I carry her on my back, take her things, and leave, just like that. 

No nurses try to stop us or ask for an explanation, it was that easy after all.

"How are you feeling?", I ask her on the way.

"I feel useless, I'm too weak to do anything."

"Tris don't say stupid things like that, you're not useless, you were in the border of death, it has only been two days since I got you back, it's normal that you are weak, you'll get better, and be back on track in a couple days, you'll see, everything is going to be okay, finally."

She laughs, "yeah, I hope so, it's just that I can't stand to feel like this, it's irritating, how long do you think it'll take?"

"I don't know, it depends of you, which means it isn't going to be long. You're too strong."

"And I know you're blushing", I add.

She hits me playfully on the side, which makes me smile.

As soon as we get home I lay her on the bed, and I leave her stuff on the living room, when I get back, she has already fallen asleep. That's exactly what I need, a good night sleep. No fights, no kidnapping, no uncomfortable hospital's chair.

I wake up by pain. Tris is kicking me.

I open my eyes to darkness, I can hear her mumbling, she's in a nightmare.

After all our time together, I know the best thing to do is try to wake her up, I can hear her beating heart. It's going too fast. 

I shake her softly, "Tris, babe wake up", I shake her a little harder and she gaps for air when waking up.

"It;s fine, it's fine, you're with me, you're safe", I try to calm her down.

It works, and she locks her eyes with mine while trying to control her breathing.

"Are you okay?", I ask her.

She nods, "yeah, sorry, nightmare."

"Want to talk about it?"

"I was back there, trapped, but I was dying and you weren't trying to rescue me, I got desesperate and tried to bring the walls down, then there was like this acid on the air, I start coughing and I tried to breath, but there wasn't air, and then you wake me up."

I don't know what