Chapter 45: Being brave enough to Propose

Shauna POV

I open my eyes suddenly with a loud sound that came probably from the kitchen.

What did he broke this time?

I sign and get up to check on the damage my boyfriend has just made.

"Hi babe" I take his chin with my right hand and kiss his lips quickly.

"Hello babe" he says turning his head and giving a quick look at me.

That's when I realize.

"What are you doing?" I ask him.

"Oh! I'm making breakfast."

"Zeke, baby, you don't know how to cook...anything."

He laughs.

"I may not be an amazing cook like you but I know how to fry eggs and toast bread" he says, I was waiting for it to be sarcastic but it isn't.

"I have to admit I'm surprise. What did you broke, anyway?"

I look at the floor but there's nothing.

He laughs again.

I haven't hear him so happy in weeks. Literally since I told him I was pregnant.

I love it. This is the man I fall for.

"I didn't broke anythin."

"Yes you did. I hea-"

"The pan fall"

Oh. Good.

He laughs again.

"What?" I ask him a little confused.

"You were thinking out loud"

"What?! I wasn't!"

"You did, babe" I know he's smirking at this point.

"What did I said then?"

He serves the eggs on two plates and takes them to the table after turning off the kitchen.

He stands in front of me and looks at me straight in the eyes. And I get totally lost in those deep eyes of his.

"Oh. Good." he says in a high pitched voice before bursting out laughing.

"Asswhole" I say taking his face in my hands. I stand on my tip toes and when our lips are about to touch I say, "Asswhole" again and laugh while getting away to sit on the chair and eat, I'm starving!

His smirk replace with a face of amuse he shakes his head and his smile is back.

He comes to sit besides me and we began eating.

"So I though we could go zip linning today." he says.

Zip lining. I haven't do it since...since Lynn died.

When the war endend we agreed not to talk about it again, ever. Everything was in the past, and there was nothing we could do about it. So we neves talk about our losses either, not about Lynn or Marlene, not of Christina's old boyfriend either.

But that doesn't stops me from missing my sis. Yeah, we weren't the closest sisters ever, but I wish we had been, but it would only hurt more. I loved her and I still do. I'll always do.

She loved zip linning. just as I do.

I don't want to do it. It reminds so much of her. But I have to get over it, better do it now.

"Yeah, that would be great"

He may have notice something's wrong, but he doesn't mention it.

"Cool" he says.

"Are the others going?"

"No," he hesitates, "I though we could spend some time alone, have fun together."

I don't know how I feel about that. Maybe that's what we need.

"Are you okay with that?" he asks when I don't say anything back, with a worried hurt expression.

"Yes! of course. I was thinking. Maybe that's what we need."

"Okay" he smiles again. "I'll take a shower"

"Wait! I'm not doing the dishes! I did them yesterday!"

He laughs, "Damn! I though you weren't going to notice."

"New plan, I take a shower while you wash the dishes."

He pouts and I laugh before going to take my shower.

- - - - -

Zeke POV

There's no way I'm doing the dishes.

But I don't want to make a fight about it. Today has to be perfect.

As soon as I hear the bathroom door close, I open the window and through the dishes. Hahaha, she won't notice. I do it all the time.

Now I have to wait for her to get out, or I could...

I wait a little for her to think I washed the dishes before I go to our room. In the end I decide just to wait for her. I say again and again the words I'm going to tell her in my head until she comes out.

She's just in her towel, I take pants and a v-neck shirt and get into the bathroom as she starts getting dressed.

When we are both ready, I take her hand and we leave.

As we jog-because that's what Dauntless do, if not running- I recived a text from Four.

From: Four

Ur u doing it today??

I answer quickly.

To: Four

Omw #SOS

I am SO nervous! 

When we get there to the 100th floor using the elevator and our eyes take a while to adjust to the shinning sun. Is a beautiful day, this is perfect.

As we always do when we came up here, we just stand there, taking it all in. 

This is the moment.

"Shauna?" For a long time we-" I stop.

When she turns around there are tears in her eyes. What's wrong?

"Babe? What's wrong?" I ask her worried.

Tears are falling from her eyes but she doesn't make a sound.

"I'm just...I'm just so thankfull that I still have you. That we are alive. That we are together."

"That's exactly what I was about to say. Shauna, we have been together for a while now, and we have known each other for a very long time. I love the way you look at me when you think I have done something wrong. I love your sleepy face and how grumpy you get when you are tired. You never stop surprising me and I can't imagine loving someone else as much as I love you." I kneel, "Shauna, babe, would you do me the honor of being my wife?"

At this point her mouth is covered by her hands and you can see excitment and surprise in her eyes.

"I do!" she wraps her arms around my neck and there, in top of the Hancok building, she kisses me before I put the ring in her finger.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hello guys!

This is a VERY long chapter, hope you liked it.

Last chapter was shorter than I expected so I try to make it up to you with this one.

Thank you for reading!

Lov you!