Chapter 55: Homesick

Tris POV

I have totally lost track of time. And food isn't coming anymore. Maybe she decided I was useless, and will leave me here to starve to death.

I won't die. I have to scape. Part of me liked thinking that someone would came for me, but at this point I know I am on my own. Guess I didn't mean that much to my friends...or Tobias.

It doesn't matter he's mad at me, and it doesn't matter her hasn't come for me, I still love him. And I know that he'll be my last thought when the hour comes.

No! Tris, you are NOT going to die. Not this way. I haven't fight so much to die of starvation in a freaking basement! I'll get out of here.

I have to.

And I will.

I stand up and walk around the room, feeling the walls like I have do so many times before. Still, no door. I run my hand across the floor now. Nothing. It haven't been more than 5 minutes and I already lost hope again. How am I going to leave when there's no door?

I'll make one.

How? I don't know. I don't have a hammer or anything at all really. I'm not strong enough, I need to think.

What if I dig with a spoon?

I'm on a basement, it would be useless and the floor is of cement.

I...I guess the only choise I really have is waiting until someone brings the food, then I'll now at least where the door is, that I'm sure it is on the ceiling.

But they only give me food when I'm sleeping. And I they have stop giving me food already.

What can I do?

The worst part of this is that, I didn't even had the chance to say goodbye. My last memories are of an angry Tobias and worried best friends.

Congratulations Jeanine, Molly, Evelyn, Eric, Marcus and old Peter, you'll finally have want you wanted. My death.

I can't stop thinking of my family.

All of them died on a war, all died for me. And now I'm dying in a bad way. Not for anyone I love, not with my friends, no. I am dying in a basement. Of hunger.

Caleb should have let me volunteer, he wouldn't be in this situation. He would be living a wonderfull life, with Susan probably. He would have a perfect job and a perfect family. He would have kids and teach them about our history. They would love him. He would have been a perfect father.

But it's too late. Because I decided I wanted to be selfish for once. To want something for me more than I wanted that for him. Because I was just thinking about myself.

And I regret it so much. I should have follow my insticts and take his place. But I didn't.

Enough buts, what ifs, and woulds.

I didn't do it, I can't change my choise now. Past is in the past.

Think about your present, how am I going to get out of here?

The only thing I can think of is trying to pretend to be asleep again. So I'll try that, better than nothing, I guess.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys!

I know it is a really short chapter, but I'm on my final exams, and it is crazy, I don't have much time. 

Anyway, I want to take this chance to thank you all for once giving my story a chance. And I can't believe how it has grow and it is all for your support, that writting has became a part of my life, I love you so much for that, really, thank you.