Chapter 2.

The canteen at Leavesden Studio's was buzzing with excited chatter as I sat with my new friend Amelia and a couple of other's and bit into a tasty currant bun.
The food had been laid on for us, free of charge, which was just as well for I hadn't realised just how starved I actually was until now, and it would have cost a fortune to satisfy my hunger.
Sitting here, was almost like a scene from a Harry Potter film, with all the different sorts of food laid out on tables before us, but I somehow resisted the temptation to pile my plate up too high at a risk of looking too greedy.
Amelia though, didn't seem at all bothered as hers was almost over flowing.

"Is that all you're having?".   She asked, frowning at my sparse array of food.

I looked at my plate then at Amelia's in comparison and then at everyone else's and realised that every plate was piled high with food just like hers.

"Maybe I will get some more later".  I smiled.

"Better be quick".   Amelia said   " There won't be much left if you leave it too long. In my experience, it's get it right away or it will soon be all gone".  

Suddenly a lady came around placing cans of Coca cola,  Orange juice and Lemonade onto the table for us to drink. I grabbed at a can straight away for I felt incredibly thirsty and gulped down the drink quickly.

Amelia grinned at me.

" I see you're not making any mistake with the drink then". 

I tried to suppress a burp as not be rude, but she only laughed anyway.
She then took in a breath.

"I was wondering".  She said, sipping gently from her own can, "Would you be interested in coming with me afterwards to see if we can meet some of the famous actors as they leave tonight". 

I widened my eyes at her.

"Really?".  I asked.  "Can we do that?". 

"Don't see why not".  She shrugged.

"But are we allowed to?".  I asked.

Amelia smiled.

" Well of course we are".   She took in a breath.  "Actors love all the attention, that's mainly why some of them are in the film industry to begin with". 

"So they won't mind?..........I mean we won't get into trouble".    I asked quietly, not wanting to upset anybody and thus jeopardising my chances of actually coming back tomorrow.

Amelia shook her head.

"No silly, most people do it".   She said.
Then leaning forward slightly towards me and  lowering her voice, she went on:  

" The thing is..........you have to know where the best place to go is, where to catch them".     
She then tapped the side of her nose, grinned at me and then straightened back in to her chair.

"Are you with me?".   She asked.

I nodded enthusiastically and stared in wonderment at my new friend as it became clear to me that she knew exactly what to do.
I suppose, having done these films before Amelia knew all the tricks of the trade, so it was in my best interest to stick with her.

Suddenly I felt very excited at the prospect of possibly meeting an actual star from the Harry Potter films......and my stomach twisted with nervousness.

I liked Amelia.
She seemed to be everything I was not.
She was confident and chatty, self assured and had immense belief in herself.
We were about the same age, but unlike me, she knew exactly what she wanted to do. Her ambition was to be accepted into drama school and to then one day become a fully fledged actress either on stage or screen.
She told me that her Great Grandfather was once an actor in Australia and had been pretty well known for a while, so she was keen to follow in his footsteps and keep up the family tradition.
Although her immediate family members were all either lawyer's or Estate agent's and were not altogether enthusiastic about her somewhat unorthodox choice of career.
Amelia, it would seem, was not put off by their lack of support, stating that acting was in her blood and she was going to follow her dream whatever her families misgivings were.