Chapter 13.

I stared at the crumpled up piece of paper in my hand before tentatively unfolding it to reveal the line of digits that Alan Rickman had himself written down.
I had carried this piece of paper around with me everywhere since he had given it to me in José's restaurant just under a week ago and now it was time to make use of them and ring him.
I took in a deep breath as I felt my heart pound frantically within my chest.

Calm down, its just a phone call. No need to panic about it, he's expecting you to ring, I tried telling myself and then took another deep breath.
If I bottle it now and don't ring him he's going to be proper annoyed and I won't get the audition.
It was in my best interest that I do it.........so why was I so nervous?

I looked up at the kitchen clock. It had just gone Midday.
Was it too soon?
Would he have managed to arrange anything for me?
What if he had forgotten and me ringing him up would only serve to remind him and then he'd be annoyed.
Was it convenient for me to be ringing him up at this time anyway?
Maybe he was on lunch or having a meeting or......or......

I gave a sigh.
Why am I putting obstacles in my  way.
He had asked me to ring him.........today.  He didn't stipulate a time he just said Wednesday so that was good enough!

Besides at this precise moment I was alone in the flat with Marcus having gone off to see about some bar work on the South bank and Beth.  "Doing Lunch".  with her new found friends over on Leicester square.
This was the perfect opportunity.
I had to do it now for I wouldn't get a better chance.

Shakily I punched the numbers into the keypad on the phone and then brought it up to my ear to listen.
It was ringing out but not for long as it suddenly clicked and a woman's voice answered by saying hello.

I was, to say the very least, slightly surprised by this and frowned to myself as I instinctively thought that I had pressed the wrong digits.

"Hello?". The females voice asked again.

"Um........Hello....".   I answered hesitantly, still confused as to why I was hearing a females voice on the other end and not the dulcet tones of Alan Rickman as I had expected to hear.

"I....um......was given this number......er.....to ring......today".   I said, still wondering if this was in fact the correct number I had dialed.

"Name please?".   The woman's voice asked.

"Oh....um....Gwen, Gwen Stevens".   I answered,   "I was asked by........."

But before I could finish with my explanation as to why I was ringing, the woman had interrupted me.

"Ah....Gwen.  Yes you have been booked in for an appointment next Thursday, the 12th at 1pm for a screen test".   She said.

"Oh......right........I see....".   I answered, taken aback by her apparent knowledge of the facts.

"Now then".   She went on,  "There will be a car for your convenience available to pick you up and escort you to Bramble head Studio's where your audition will take place.
The car will arrive at approximately 12 Noon outside Crockets Bar and Restaurant on Queens Street. Are you familiar with these premises?".   She asked.

I wasn't, but I knew where Queens Street was, so I found myself nodding until I actually realised that the silence that followed reminded me that I was talking on the telephone and I did in fact need to speak.
Feeling slightly foolish I answered her rather too confidently:

" Yes....yes... I know where it is".  

"That's good. Now the driver of the vehicle is called Michael and he will need some sort of identification from yourself to prove who you are. He in turn will do the same for you. So there is no mix up. We endeavour to be as security conscience as is humanly possible and also to safeguard our potential employees. Is that ok?".   She asked.