Chapter 40

Standing here alone on the film set, waiting for everything to be put into place, I was nervous....... Really and truly nervous.
The day had arrived that I had been dreading but also strangely enough looking forward too so much as well.
It was the day that Alan and I would be shooting our first intimate scene together and although I had read and reread this part of the script over and over again, I still was not absolutely certain what to expect and my fingers twisted around themselves with nervous anticipation.
I had already seen Alan, earlier on this morning heading towards  make-up and he had given me a cheery wave. Now that we had had our little talk the other day, he seemed to me at least, to be so much more relaxed.
But whether he was or not, he certainly looked especially good today, dressed in a pair of light coloured chinos, a dark blue shirt and a black jacket. He had been walking alongside a couple of the production team staff and was also being very chatty and smiley towards them.
Maybe he was just in a good mood and looking forward to the days filming though.
My stomach twisted at that very thought of it and I suddenly felt quite hot and very clammy.
Oh dear God's. How was I ever going to cope with all of this!

"Are you looking forward to this scene then lovie?". A slow, rasping voice sounded from behind me.

I turned around to see Patricia Mae standing there, who was not disguising the fact that she was looking me, up and down, scrutinising my somewhat naked appearance.
I was surprised to see her there, but in all truthfulness, I should not have been. It seemed that whenever there was a scene that Alan was in, there she was, always on set!
It was getting to be a bit of a habit by now. Although I had noticed that if there was one that she was in, Alan however was nowhere to be seen.

"You do look adorable darling". She went on with a smirk, "Quite the little virgin".

I moved from foot to foot, feeling uncomfortable by her tone. This wasn't helped by the fact that I was in fact standing there at the side of the set, wearing nothing but an apricot coloured, baby doll nightie that was particularly see through and showing an exceptionally pretty lacy underwear set beneath it. I didn't even have anything on my feet and to be totally honest, I did feel extremely exposed and also quite cold.

Patricia, being the ultimate professional that she was, could see how conspicuous I felt, especially with all the film crew and technicians, most of whom were male, looking at me with obvious interest.

"Here". She said, pulling off the large black fur coat she was wearing and draping it around my shoulders, "Put this on. It will help to cover up your modesty".

I very gratefully pulled it around me and although I didn't normally like fur and I suspected it was also the real thing, I was glad of its warmth and the immediate cover it possessed.

"Thanks". I said quietly, as I pulled it even tighter around me.

Patricia was now shaking her head slowly at me and was giving me a most disapproving of looks.

"What on earth were you thinking, coming out here dressed like that in the first place? Didn't anyone provide you with a gown?". She asked.

I stared at her before shaking my head slowly.

"Oh........ really". She huffed. "So I am right in presuming that you didn't walk all the way over here....... like that...... from your trailer did you? . Please tell me you didn't darling".

"I didn't". I smiled.

"Thank goodness for that". Patricia sighed, raising her eyes upwards. "Dressed in that way around here, with all these men learing at you, well....... They couldn't be blamed for easily mistaking you for some kind of whore or something. It's simply asking for no end of trouble".