Chapter 5.

"Come on, wake up sleepy head we have a big day ahead of us today". 

A low, deep voice spoke softly into my ear as I tried in vain to open up my terribly stuck down eyelids.

" I've brought you some tea and toast for brekkie, so you really need to wake up.....................before it all goes stone cold". 

The voice carried on.

I grumbled a semblance of a reply, then through my sleepy haze I could hear murmuring voices.

"It's today isn't it?".    Beth's voice was a hushed whisper, although I could still hear her.

"Yes".  Came Marcus's reply,    "From today  onwards we are under the  instruction of Severus Snape himself..............Mr. Alan Rickman".     He mused.

From under my duvet, I smiled at Marcus's little quip, but then my stomach twisted at the realisation of his words.

"We will be alright though, I mean, with him, won't we?".  Beth asked.

"I hope so, but I was speaking to Kyle yesterday and he told me that he'd worked under Alan Rickman before, at The Alyssa a few years ago and he said that he's not altogether a soft touch".    Marcus said in a slightly concerned manner.

"Is he not?".  Beth asked.

"No".  Marcus went on. "He also told me that Alan will think nothing of changing things around if he's not happy about it. I believe he's quite a tough task master. As been known to change the whole cast in some plays he's done". 

"No......not really!".   Beth exclaimed.

" Oh yes, well, so Kyle was saying".  Marcus said.  "To be truthful, I think we all had better watch ourselves, I mean it sounds as if he's really going to put us through our paces".  

"Yes.........I suppose so".    Beth said slowly,    "I mean, its his own reputation on the line as well as ours, after all he is pretty famous and  people will expect us to be good if he's putting his own name to ours".      

"Exactly".   Marcus agreed.

"So?".  Beth went on, "Do you think she's up to it? You know, dealing with all this added pressure, I mean, don't get me wrong, she was pretty good the other week, when he first came to see us". 

A compliment........... from Beth!  I smiled from inside the inner sanctum of my warm, cozy duvet. That was unusual and I was very surprised to hear that!
Funny what people say when they don't think you're listening.

But it didn't last very long, as she continued:

     "But ever since then, she's fallen a part just a bit, don't you think?".  

"She has a bit.............yes........but I'm sure she'll be fine when she really gets used to the idea".   Marcus said.

"Well I hope you're right".  Beth snarled back at him.

To which point, I'd heard quite enough. So I  moved around uncomfortably beneath the duvet on the sofa bed that was situated here in the living room come kitchen area, in the flat that I shared with both Marcus and Beth.

It was a small two bedroom affair, comprising of a narrow hallway that led into the kitchenette, living room area with another door leading to two bedrooms, one only slightly larger than the other and a bathroom.

Since arriving in London I had been to numerous bed and breakfast places that cost the earth to stay in and took all of my money.  Marcus had come to my rescue, offering me the bed settee in the flat that he shared with fellow theatre actress Beth.