Chapter 12.

Oh my Goodness!
I did not expect that!

Slowly I closed the script that was on my lap and stared into space. I had just read and re-read the final lines of Christina's character and was absolutely gob-smacked.
The story had ended with an almighty twist that I knew would have film goers talking about it for ages afterwards.
This was it. I had to do it!

Replacing the papers back into the black bag, I then secreted it carefully under the sofa bed and got up to make myself a hot, milky drink.
Putting a pan of milk onto the cooker ring to boil I touched at my arm again in the place where Alan had grabbed me earlier.
It hadn't hurt at all for it wasn't a fierce grip by any means, just a firm hold that was in fact quite gentle. I smiled to myself and came to the conclusion that he just didn't want me to leave.
Then again, neither did Marcus, but that didn't have even half the effect on me that Alan's touch had, even if Marcus and I had actually shared a hug.
No, him touching me like that had sent my whole being into orbit, whereas Marcus's hug had meant nothing.

I watched as the milk in the pan slowly bubbled and I began to think about the film part once more.
This was defiantly something that I felt I could really sink my teeth into and I grew greatly excited about the prospect.
Admittedly, it was a very demanding role and something that I would not have very much idea about playing. But I was willing to give it a good go and at the very least I did have the backing and the experience of Alan Rickman behind me.
He seemed to have a great deal of belief in me for this.

Settling back down onto the sofa, now armed with a cozy hot drink, I resisted the temptation to reach down for the script again and re-read it just once more.
Having a look up at the clock I could see that it was almost 2 a.m. and Marcus and Beth may return very soon.
I did however congratulate myself in my ability to have been able to read through the whole thing, even if the last chapter was read over several times.

Alan had been right in saying that I should read it all the way to its end and I nodded my head slowly to myself and smiled.
I seemed to be thinking rather a lot about him tonight and that was a worry.

A few days later, I was standing at the huge industrial kitchen sink with my arms elbow deep in hot soapy water, with my mind going back to that night at The Lord Moon of the Mall.
Maybe I should have stopped, for according to both Marcus and Beth and anyone else that I had spoken to about it, they all said what a fantastic night it had truly been.
The venue had put on a wonderful selection of canapés and desserts with the champagne free flowing and plentiful.
Everyone had been in excellent humour and the speeches were very entertaining.
Alan, by all accounts had done a simply amazing one, saying how much he had enjoyed the experience of working with such a dedicated and loyal collection of people and that he would miss each and everyone of us.

Thinking about that, it suddenly came to my attention that I, myself will probably not see him again either.
I mean, I had now finished reading the script but I simply had no idea about how I was supposed to go about auditioning for the part!
Maybe it was all just pie in the sky words from Mr. Movie Star and he didn't mean anything by it, not in reality.
Not now anyway, after my final words to him.

My stomach twisted as I thought back to the other night.
The night of the after play party.

Oh my God.
The last words I spoke to Alan Rickman was....... Oh goodness, now I remember:

I wish you were kinder towards me like you are with Beth and Jayne and everyone else!

Oh shit!

Why on earth did I say that!

How stupid was I?

I sighed deeply, just as an exasperated José came into kitchen, he was shouting something incoherent and waving his arms madly all over the place. Typical José, if things weren't going according to plan, he totally lost it.
I could hear his son, Remo asking him to calm down but José was having none of it and was defiantly excited about something.
One of the waitresses, Victoria, then came through carrying a pile of dirty plates. She strode past José, who began yelling at her in a complete frenzy. But she very typically ignored him.
She had worked here long enough to realise that this was just his way and it was always best to leave him alone.