Chapter 22.

Well this was it.
I was actually here on my first day of filming and walking out onto that film set for the very first time was absolutely terrifying.
I stood there, clutching my bag tightly in my hands for comfort and not knowing what to do or where to go, whilst everyone else around me seemed to know exactly what they were doing.

This was so alien to me.
At the theatre, I was so used to the way things were run, that nothing ever bothered me there. Here, I felt totally isolated and hoped that someone would point me in the right direction.

" Hey".     
I heard a shout from behind me and  looked around to see a girl with very long dark hair approaching me.

I smiled at her in relief that I had been noticed and  figured that she was a behind the scenes staff member who helped the newbies. 

"Are you new here?".  She asked.

I nodded gratefully at her and my smile became wider as I started to relax a little.
Thank heavens she had spotted me and my obvious dilemma. Now she would ask me to follow her somewhere and  I could prepare myself or get changed or something.
But strangely she just stood there, looking at me, then with a toss of her long dark hair she then said:

"Thought I hadn't seen you before. Are you an extra?". 

I shook my head, still hoping that she was here to help me.

"Not an extra huh?".  She went on, now folding her arms across her chest.

"No, my name is Gwen Stevens".  I introduced myself as cheerfully as I could.

The girl's eyes widened at me, as if suddenly realising something, so I went on:

"I'm playing the part of Christina................".    

But I didn't get to finish.

"Oh, so you're the little theatre actress then are you?".   She almost scoffed.

I stared at her. I wasn't particularly liking her tone with me and quickly realised that she hadn't actually come over to help me at all.

"Well, you'll find this a whole different ball game now love. If you thought that film making was a walk in the park, then you can think again sweetheart".  She went on, as she tossed her hair once again over her shoulder.

" I didn't say any..........".   'But I was stopped from trying to explain myself to her, by the appearance of none other than renowned film actress Patricia Mae.

I recognised her immediately for she was pretty well known.

"Are you OK?".   She asked, looking at me kindly.

I couldn't help but to gawp at her. I couldn't believe that she  was actually stood there beside me.
Patricia Mae was also in this film and would be, in actual fact, playing my mother! Although she wasn't in this particular one very much, she had played some pretty major parts in films in the past and was a very accomplished, well respected film actress.

" You're not being mean Madeleine, are you?".   She suddenly asked, turning towards the girl with the long, dark hair, who now seemed to be scowling at me somewhat.

" No".  She answered sternly.  "Gwen and I are mearly just getting acquainted, aren't we?".  

She now looked at me, almost daring me not to say any different.

" Um".  The film actress pondered.  "Well, I'll take over from here".   She went on,  "And take Gwen to where she needs to be,  so you can leave us now if you like". 

Madeleine gave her a cold, hard stare and I was astounded that she would in fact do this to such a famous person.

"Go on then".  Patricia went on.  "I'm sure you are needed elsewhere".