Chapter 3.

I woke with a stretch and a yawn and for a moment, I wondered where I was, until suddenly remembering the events of the previous twenty four hours.
I looked over at the bedside cabinet beside me and focused on the red numbers from the digital clock radio that had bleeped loudly just a few seconds ago, awakening me from my slumber.
Narrowing my eyes, I thought it said 5.30,the time I had set to get up, but that could not be right, it couldn't be that time already, I had only just gone to sleep!
I looked around me but it was dark, pitch black in fact although I could just about make out a shape lying in the bed next to mine. It stirred and then without moving muttered:

"Gwen?.......Are you getting up darling?". 

It was the voice of my Mother, who had come with me down here, to the out skirts of London, to be with me whilst I followed my dream of being in an actual Harry Potter film.
Mum was very good like this, always been very supported in whatever I did, whereas my Father was totally the opposite.

She had traveled here with me and even though she hadn't been allowed to enter the studio, she had taken herself off shopping for the day and had arrived a little before I had done last night.

I grumbled a faint reply.
I felt tired out and needed my bed more than anything.

" You don't want to be late now".   She went on, from beneath the covers.   "Remember how much you enjoyed it yesterday"
She went on.

My mind suddenly flashed back to a big man with large hands and a huge Roman nose.
He wasn't wearing a flowing black cape and he didn't have long, jet, black hair either, nor did he have cold, dark penetrating eyes.
The man who played Severus Snape was smiley and gracious and ...................I had his autograph!

I reached out once more, fumbling for the scrappy bit of paper on my bedside cabinet, then suddenly remembering that I had actually put it inside my diary to keep it safe. Sitting up I grabbed the book and opened it on the relevant page.
There it was, looking a little less crumpled than I had remembered, but the signature on it was crystal clear. I smiled to myself. It had actually happened and here was the proof, even if it was by someone I didn't particularly like!

Oh well, it was great to say I had met him.

I had also met the most loveliest of girls in Amelia, and I felt sure that we were going to remain friends long after all this filming was done.
Excitedly I got out of bed, washed, got dressed and with a cereal bar in hand, kissed my Mum goodbye and then made my way downstairs to catch the bus.

It was now just coming up to 6 o'clock and it was pitch dark and very cold.
I shivered.
This was just like last night, standing with a group of others who I didn't know, except that I didn't have Amelia with me.
I looked up the road for her as the bus taking us to Leavesdon Studios arrived, and wondered where she was.

I hoped that she was coming today. She said she was.
Oh it wouldn't be as much fun without Amelia here too!

I climbed onto the bus and took a seat near the front, starring out into the darkness for any sign of her as the bus moved off.
Suddenly I felt saddened by her absence as all I could hear was the loud, excited chatter coming from behind me, as I sat quiet and alone.

Turning into the drive the led up to the brightly lit studios, I couldn't help but to stare in wonderment at the huge building before me. It looked magnificent but the real of beauty of it all were the secrets that was held within.
All the props, the cameras and crew, not to mention the famous actors. Who would I see today?

Stepping off the bus, I made my way towards the dressing rooms. As I followed the others I felt a sense of loss that Amelia was not here with me. She had given me a bit more confidence and without her beside me, I felt strangely vulnerable.
I knew that she defiantly had what it takes to be a fully fledged actress. A situation such as I now found myself in would not bother her at all, for she would most likely find someone to communicate with, whereas I was a little more shy.
I took in a breath and suddenly noticed the miserable looking girl from yesterday, the one who demanded to be at the front, until Amelia and I were chosen before her, starring hard at me.
I turned away but I knew she was coming over.