Chapter 9.

It was a grey, damp morning as I made my way across Trafalgar square. Dark skies above gave out an eerie feeling of impending doom that seemed to match my mood as I walked towards The Royal Rose Theatre.
Already it was busy with people and traffic as I crossed the road. A Sunday morning in the city of London was no different to any other day of the week, even if the skies were grey.

Big Ben had already struck a quarter past ten by the time I had reached the heavy, blue metal door, situated down the narrow alley, alongside the theatre building.
This was the side entrance, the one we always used when coming here.
Standing there for a moment, I took in a deep breath before pushing down on the very heavy, metal push bar which then opened before me.
I half expected it to resist me and then I could go back home satisfied in the knowledge that I had made the effort and he hadn't bothered to turn up.

Now I was feeling just a little bit apprehensive as I walked through, closing the door behind me.
There was a quiet, stillness inside but I could see the lights were switched on down the passage way, so at least I knew that someone was here!

Moving towards the dimly lit corridor, I tilted my head slightly, listening out for voices. I felt sure that sooner rather than later I would be able to hear Beth's inane, non stop chatter and annoying false laughter as I imagined her there with Alan.
But nothing.
It remained really quiet, so quiet I was beginning to wonder whether anyone was here at all!

As I now walked down the passage way, the sound of my heels tip tapping on the hard, stone floor, echoed around so loudly that I began to feel very self conscious of the noise I was making.

I could then see the door to Hugo's office was left slightly ajar and a beam of light streamed out from inside it.
My stomach twisted.
Someone was in there, I was sure, because no way would Hugo ever leave his door open like this, never mind the light on as well.

Unless...........it was actually Hugo himself taking advantage of a quiet Sunday morning to catch up on some much needed paper work.
Perhaps Alan had arranged for the meeting to involve Hugo as well as Beth and he'd already been and gone having had the meeting with her and I was too late.

Oh, how my mind worked overtime in just a few seconds.

I took in a breath and lightly tapped on the slightly opened door. Suddenly I felt strangely nervous, as I spoke a very quiet hello through the gap in the door, before pushing it fully open.

The sight that greeted me, made my heart flutter very unexpectedly as sitting on Hugo's desk, slightly to the side, with one foot on the floor, the other one just dangling, was Mr. movie star himself, Alan Rickman.

I hadn't really prepared myself for seeing him like this and so it took me slightly by surprise, even though I realised that the reason for me being here in the first place was to meet up with him!

My eyes quickly took him in as my brain hurriedly tried to process the sight before me.

He was wearing a pair of cream coloured trousers, a dark blue shirt and a black jacket.
He was also holding, in his rather large hands, a folder of roughly put together sheets of paper.

He smiled at me kindly, showing a perfect set of top teeth and his eyes,  I noticed and not for the first time either,  were also stunningly beautiful.
For the briefest of moments, I was lost within them but it unnerved me somewhat, because this was not the first time it had happened.
I took in a breath and tried not to let this bother me, although it was patently difficult with him just sat there, a few feet away and looking at me with such immense kindness.

"Good morning Gwen".  He said warmly, disturbing me from my inner most thoughts ,  "I am so pleased you have consented to meet me here today, please come in and take a seat".