Chapter 21.

I took in a sharp breath as I could not believe what I was actually seeing.  As her eyes widened at me and the curve of her lips turned up wards, I knew instantly that she felt the same way.
Ashcroft leaned forward.

" Darling, this is Gwen".  He said, by way of an introduction.

But we didn't need one, as already she was grabbing both my hands with in her own and was now squeezing them tightly.

" I know exactly who she is".  She answered, her smile getting wider.

I smiled back at her, as her soft, gentle sounding voice evoked happy memories from what seemed like a lifetime ago.

"Hello Amelia".  I said simply.

Her smile now became a laugh as excitement erupted inside her and in a sudden, quick movement I now found myself being wrapped into her arms in a strong embrace.

"Gwen!".  She spoke  "Oh, I can't quite believe this! This is so utterly wonderful!"

She then pulled back to take a closer look before grabbing me once again for another hug.

"Can someone please tell me what exactly is going on here?".  Ashcroft's voice boomed.

Amelia pulled away but still continued to hold one of my hands very tightly.

"Sweetheart, Gwen and I worked together in one of the Harry Potter films, which one was it now?".    She turned to look at me.

"Goblet of Fire".   I answered her with a laugh.

"That's it, anyway we became really good friends but .....well, you know, lost touch along the way. But, oh my god! What a way to meet up again!". 

I laughed at her enthusiasm for it all and was glad to see she hadn't changed one bit! She still had that about her, she was always very enthusiastic about everything and also self assured and confident. It was little wonder that she had made a successful career for herself.

" Come on".  She suddenly said, pulling me back towards my chair,   "Let's sit down and have a proper old catch up"

I looked over at Ashcroft, who wore the expression of a confused man. He clearly didn't know what to make of all this and was actually speechless.

I obediently sat back down again. Amelia, who was still holding onto my hand sat opposite me in the seat that was previously occupied by Ashcroft.
She then glanced at the near empty bottle of wine and the two empty glasses.

"Be a love".  She cooed at the still dumbstruck Ashcroft,  "And get us another bottle will you". 

I also looked up at him and his expression was still one of immense confusion.

" Go on then".  Amelia giggled.

She held my hand even tighter, if that was at all possible.

" Look at his face".   She went on,  "I've never seen him so lost for words". 

Ashcroft gave us another confused look, before sloping off towards the bar to get yet another bottle of wine.
At this rate I was going to be very drunk when I eventually meet up with Maya!

"So?  has darling Ashcroft been filling you in on how we both met?".  She smiled. 

"A bit".  I nodded.

"Oh, he was in such a bad place. He'd lost his job, his self respect. His mojo had totally gone. Did you know he used to go out with a model?".  She said, her eyes widening.

I smiled at her and nodded again.

"Mad isn't it! Now he's with me! I mean I don't possess any of the attributes that a model has!  That's the most unbelievable thing about this all Gwen, he just loves me for what I am and nothing else, bloody hell I am so incredibly lucky!".  She said shaking her head.