Chapter 10.

Sitting in this lovely little tearoom, on this dark and rainy Sunday morning, I suddenly felt really rather confused as to exactly why I was actually here in the first place.

I very shakily took a sip from the cup of tea that had been placed before me just a few moments ago and looked at my male companion across the table, who was now, incidentally flicking through the papers in his hands.
I watched as his eyes seemed to dance over the words of the script, and it became obvious to me that he was looking for something very specific.

Then picking up the Danish pastry from the daintily, patterned plate before me,  I took a generous bite from it.  I had to totally agree with my companion that it was indeed the tastiest of pastries that I had ever eaten.

Suddenly Alan had found the part he had been looking for and pushed a few sheets of the script across the table towards me.

"I would like you to read through this section".  He said.   "I think it may be of interest to you". 

I looked closely at him before eyeing the papers in front of me.

"Why exactly would I be interested?".  I asked, almost half heartedly and still with a mouthful of pastry.

Alan stared at me, his green coloured eyes penetrated almost through me.

"Well, I would have thought it was blatantly obvious".   He said, tilting his head slightly to one side.

I gave a deep sigh.
It wasn't obvious, not to me anyway. I just thought that he was trying to get the better of me somehow.

Reluctantly I returned the pastry back onto the floral patterned plate and then proceeded to wipe my hands down the legs of my jeans to rid them of the crumbs.

Alan however, was still staring at me and I suddenly blushed when I realised that there was, in fact a posh looking napkin that I should have used,  by the side of my plate!

I scolded myself silently for not being observant enough to have seen it and also for not being able to control my blush!

Hurriedly I reached out my hands towards the sheets of paper on the table and scooped them up, hoping to divert the attention away from my incompetence and so therefore look as if I was actually interested in this.
I scanned my eyes down and read a few of the sentences.
From what I could gather, this part of the script was centred around a woman called Christina who seemed to be in some sort of a love triangle.

I took in a breath as I read through the page, quickly and without much enthusiasm for the plot, for it wasn't really grabbing or exciting me very much. This wasn't helped by the fact that I really didn't know what was going on anyway.
So after a few moments I put the papers back onto the table and took another bite of the delicious pastry.

Alan Rickman continued to stare at me.

"Well?".  He asked.  "What do you think?........could you do it?".

I shrugged at him, between mouthfuls of pastry, but he was still waiting for me to properly answer him.

I took in an inward breath, presuming that he just wanted my opinion on whether this character, Christina was doing the right thing or not.
However, I thought it quite odd though, that he should be asking me this.
For I  am not a writer, never even claimed to be one. So why was he asking me this?  Maybe he perhaps thought that having a complete outsider like myself reading through it, could shed a little light on what her character should do.

Maybe he did actually value my opinion?
Perhaps he wanted to know how I would develop her character.
I mean, he did say that he was involved with this as a film.
It could have been in the writing of it!