Chapter 35.

Every nerve in my body jumped with sheer fright as I felt myself lose balance with the absolute shock of hearing the dulcet tones of Alan Rickman's voice sounding from behind me.
In panic, I tried to grab hold of the tiny metal window frame that was just about in my reach, but missed and came toppling off the small, set of steps landing with an undignified thump right at the movie stars feet.

How utterly and totally embarrassing!
At least I hadn't landed on my already hurt arm and thankfully the only thing that seemed to be bruised was my pride.
I went to get up, almost too quickly such was my desire to overcome my embarrassing predicament and winced as I tried to get to my feet by using my bandaged arm as support.

"Here, let me help you". 

The calm deep baritone of his gentle sounding voice spoke, as I then felt his strong arms wrap themselves around my waist as he then swiftly and effortlessly began to pull me up onto my feet.

He immediately let go of me, once I was upright again and then stood back eyeing me curiously as I began to brush myself down.

"Thanks".  I said, not really able to look at him directly, such was my utter embarrassment and shame.

Alan stood there in silence, watching me as I continued in my attempt to regain some sort of composure.
Having him just standing there was extremely nerve wracking but I couldn't  carry on with all the fake brushing down of my clothes like this. It was just making me look even more stupid.
I had to say something, after all he was probably just waiting for me to give him an explanation.

"I...... Was.... Um....Just....er... looking for you".    I stuttered, keeping my head down.

"So.... it would seem".   Alan answered slowly.

I gave my trousers a last brush down, then looked up to be met by  his soft, gentle eyes that also looked vaguely amused.
I smiled at him.

"I thought you were inside".   I offered.

He continued to look at me, the faintest of smiles beginning to now grace his lips.

"Did you".  He said, his smile now becoming more pronounced.

"You had left a light on".   I went on,  haphazardly pointing towards the window.

"I know".    He answered slowly.  "I was coming back". 

I stared at him.
This conversation wasn't going at all the way I had planned it. Mainly because I had been so completely mortified about Alan's  sudden appearance and had therefore been taken completely off guard by it.  Now, it would seem as if all he wanted to do was ridicule me and not really talk at all.
I sadly put my head down.  I should call it a day now and try and speak to him about things another time.
I felt far to embarrassed to stay within his company for very much longer anyway.  I had tried to explain myself but had just ended up feeling such a fool in front of him, whilst all he seemed to be doing was smirking at me!
This was no good at all and I shuffled my feet nervously as I looked up at him again.
However, Alan was now frowning at me. The smirk had disappeared.
He then took in a breath and on doing so then asked:

"Is your arm alright?". 

I wondered just for a second, what he was going on about, until I saw him nod towards my heavily bandaged arm. Instinctively I placed my hand onto it and glanced down.

"Oh, this".  I said, rubbing at it in a carefree manner.   "It's nothing.  Just a silly sprain".  

I looked back up at him with a smile, but he strangely looked concerned.

"How did you do it?".     He asked quietly.

I felt my mouth drop open.
I didn't want to lie to him but I sure as hell wasn't going to tell him what had really happened either.