Chapter 42.

My hair had now been put into place and hairsprayed within an inch of its life yet again.
Make up had very carefully been re-applied once more and I was now getting myself into position on the four poster bed.

"This time, I don't want you facing him". David said, as he hovered above me.

I blinked huge, heavily mascarad eyes at him, as I now was resting my chin on my hands and lying down on my belly.

"So it's kind of important that you make just a bit of noise".
He went on.
"Not too much though, just groan slightly and take gasping little breaths, like....... Er...........Well................... Um..................... Like when a woman reaches the height of sexual pleasure. You know the kind of thing I mean, don't you". 

I didn't, well not from experience anyway but I understood what he meant. I had seen films where a woman had reached an orgasm and how she had acted.
I would just have to draw on that.

David was now shuffling his feet, sort of nervously as if he didn't really like having to explain all of this to me, so I smiled up at him.

"I know the sort of thing".  I smiled reassuringly,  "And I'm okay with it, honestly". 

David nodded his head in an appreciative kind of way, as if he was somehow pleased that I was confident in my own abilities to actually pull this one off.
I did have the distinct feeling that Alan must surely have told David that he didn't believe I was up to doing such an intimate love scene and had no doubt explained to him of his own apprehension concerning my acting ability.
Therefore I really wanted to show the director that I could do it and that I didn't need or require a goddam substitute in the form of a stand in!

I huffed to myself as I watched David now walking away and going over to speak with Alan. He was probably going to explain to him that I was perfectly happy about doing this and that I was also confident about it too!

I stared at Alan's expression as David continued to talk to the movie star who did not look very happy at all.
In fact he seemed  somewhat irritated, pressing a hand firmly onto his forehead and looking down.
He now began to draw this hand slowly down the side of his face and finished up by putting a finger onto his lips as he looked back up at David again. He certainly didn't look very pleased and there did seem a certain amount of worry also on his face.
But in my opinion it served him right!
If he didn't want to do these kind of scenes with me then it was his lookout not mine.
Here I was, already in my position, ready and willing to give it my best shot and there he was, the big movie icon, standing back unwilling to even come over!
I mean what was his problem?
It was clear even to me that he was actually the one being reluctant about this whole thing, not me!
And it wasn't as if we hadn't actually done a love making scene before! We'd been doing this for the best part of the day!
Was I really now becoming such a radical turn off for him?
Was I really that bad?
At least by doing this scene he wouldn't have to look at my face, so I couldn't really understand what his problem actually was!

I gave a deep sigh to myself.
Should I just go over there now and confront him about it all, Including the fact that he had been telling everyone about his concerns for me, when really it would seem, that he had concerns only about himself.
I was actually fine.
I certainly didn't need all of this melodrama about it all. I mean at the end of the day, we were only acting out a part and up until now David seemed more than happy about the way I was handling myself, if he wasn't, he would surely have said so.
Anyhow I must be doing alright, for I hardly have thought someone like  David McIntyre would suggest doing this extra scene, if indeed he thought I was not at all capable.

I turned my head more onto its side, so that I could see exactly what was now happening. David was still speaking with Alan, cameras were moving closer into position and Jack Tyler was hovering about with that damned marker of his.
Rachel was also now approaching me armed with a very large white pillow.