Chapter 28.

I wandered aimlessly around the inside of my trailer making sure that I had everything that belonged to me placed safely inside my bag.
I certainly didn't want to leave anything that was mine behind, for I was convinced that once Ashcroft had come to pick me up, I would not be returning.

I felt saddened though, as I looked at the beautiful flowers my parents had sent me on my very first day. They were beginning to wilt just a little but I didn't have the heart to throw them out until they had truly gone way past their best.
I touched lightly at the petals of one of the white roses and grimaced at the memory I had when I thought Alan had sent them.
I was so stupid to actually believe that he would. I mean, why would he? I had meant nothing to him! I really couldn't have or else he would not have treated me with such awful cruelty.
Who in their right mind would lead someone on, like he had done with me if I had meant anything to him at all?
To tell me about this great part in a film that I would be perfect for, knowing that we would be required to act out some pretty intense sexual scenes together, then to kiss me so passionately and had me believe that it was for real, only to then announce, that I was his fricking daughter!!

What kind of a man does that to somebody?

I wrapped my arms around myself for comfort.
Dear God's, the sooner I was away from here the better.

Suddenly there was a loud rat at tat tat on the door of my trailer and the noise made me jump with surprise. I then heard a familiar sounding voice calling out my name from outside.

"Gwen! Gwen! Are you in there!"

My heart leapt.
Ashcroft!

I opened the door to see the good looking, olive skinned, dark haired young man standing there. I blinked curiously at him.
How had he managed to find me so quickly?
And how did he know which one was actually my trailer too?
Also how did he get past security and managed to park his beast of a car right outside it?

I stared into those deep, dark brown eyes of his. At this moment in time though, none of that mattered. He was here to rescue me and that was the most important thing.

"Ashcroft".  I smiled at him.

And promptly put my arms around him in a tight embrace.

He hugged me back, but only briefly. Grabbing at my arms he pushed himself away from me and searched my eyes with his own.

"Now, what exactly has been going on?".  He asked seriously.

I shook my head.

"It's just awful. I.......I......".   

Tears begun to well up into my eyes and as I looked up at him,  I then noticed a figure standing just behind him, watching us with obvious interest. I narrowed my teary eyes, trying to make out who it was just stood there looking at us.
Ashcroft turned around also, as the figure then began to approach.

"Maddie".  I hissed, under my breath.

"Is she a friend of yours?".  Ashcroft asked.

"Most certainly not".  I growled, glaring at her and wondering why she should feel the need to come over.

I took in a breath and straightened up in an attempt to hold in my tears. I didn't want to appear vulnerable in front of her, of all people.
She looked at Ashcroft for a moment and continued to really stare at him as she was now stood by us, before turning her attention towards me.

"Aren't you due on set?".   She asked, pointedly.

" What's it to you".  I snapped back.

I didn't feel the need to try and be courteous towards her now, for she had never done me any favours the whole time I had worked here. And now I was on the point of leaving, I saw no reason at all in trying to be nice.
After all, I would never have to see her again anyway and besides, I knew that she had only come across to try and embarrass me in front of Ashcroft and I wasn't having any of that!
She did seem a little taken a back by my response to her question though and immediately looked over again at Ashcroft, who shrugged his shoulders at her.
I thought then, that she was obviously very taken by his obvious good looks and so I had great pleasure in suddenly grabbing hold of his arm, claiming my territory and smiling at her in deep satisfaction as I then spoke: