Ch. 25 The Kiss (Edited)

Dedicated to @Saditybr for voting on my chapters... :) THANK YOUUUUU!

(Ashton's POV)

She looks up at me with her captivating brown eyes as I held her in my embrace. She looked so tired and weak, I want to hold her in my arms forever or until she falls asleep but I knew she was a little pissed at me.

I wipe the set tears off her face and force a small smile. She returns it and asks, "Ashton?"

I stare at her, "Yes?"

"Thank you, thank you for treating me like an average person and not like I am above people," she says quietly.

"Your welcome," I say smiling.

"Hey Ashton?" she says again.

"Yes?" I say the smile still on my face.

"Why were you wearing crocs at the movie theater," she stares right into my eyes as she says this, "Is their an actual story behind that?"

I stared at her, I didn't want to tell anyone about my family, or anything that has happened in the past 5 years. I am disappointed in some of my life choices, but it was bound to come out eventually. I didn't really want to tell Breanna but it just came out, I sit her on my lap and start.

"Okay," I breathe out and start the story of my life, "Well, when I born my father wasn't there to see my birth because he was sick, and the day before was diagnosed with lung cancer. He was predicted only 5 years to live if he did not get treatment. But if he did get treatment it might shorten his lifespan. Thankfully he decided to take the treatment even though it was a risk. So when I turned 4 he beat it, he was ok. He survived after 4 years of fighting, and soon he was back to normal. Playing around and doing what fathers do and every 3 weeks on a Friday we would go to the movies for a boys night out."

"Aww," Breanna coos.

"Well on those days he always wore crocs to commemorate him surviving cancer," I look Breanna in the eyes, "This happened until I was 15 which was 4 years ago. My parents got divorced at age 15 and instead of me staying with my mother I stayed with my father. At this point he was miserable and we stopped having our moments together. I barely saw him and he didn't do much for me except buy food, and help me when I needed him to. Then something unexpected happened, two years later when I was 17 he died. Turns out a few months after he and my mother divorced he was diagnosed with heart disease. But instead of taking medications to lower his symptoms he decided to leave it and he died two years later." I take a deep breath to stop myself from crying, but one tear still rolls down my cheek.

Before I could wipe it off Breanna does it for me, I look at her and notice she was crying also. I wipe away her tears and smile and continue my story, "Well I guess he couldn't take the pain anymore, and just decided to leave everything be. I attended the funeral and so did my mother, she cried just as much as I did that day. I wish my dad could have seen her, the sorrow and despair in her eyes, showed that she still loved my father as much as he did love her. To this day I still think my father is the greatest father ever, even if he wasn't there to help me from age 15 to the age I am now, I still will remember the days he took me out and treated me like the only thing he had left. That is why I wear crocs to the movies, weird I know but it is to remember my father."

I smile at Breanna when I see her eyes, also full of sadness, but thankfully no pity. I look up to the sky and notice how dark it was getting.

"I am sorry, that you had to go through it, everyone has a story of there own ," Breanna says, "I'm glad you told me."

"Do you have a story ?" I ask looking at her. If there's a time it should be now.

She looks at me and bites her lip, "Well since you shared your story I guess I'll share mine." She calmly takes a deep breath and starts. "Well mine isn't as sorrowful as yours, but if you want to know.....it all started when I was about 7 I was like any other girl except a lot more tomboyish. I know you would never expect that a model would be a tomboy but I was. I played with helicopters, rode on skateboards, and my favorite fixed cars with my dad. But soon that all started to change when my grandparents came to live with us, I wasn't a model at the time so we had an average house. My grandmother hated my image, she was a model when she was young so she loved to dress up, makeup, and all that stuff. When she entered the house that day...I still remember her face when she looked at me, pure disgust." Breanna shivers as if remembering a bad dream.